PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Ηγουμενίτσα Εξπρές [Africa, City of Limassol, Hellenic Spirit, Mons Calpe]

Ellinis
24-03-2008, 22:57
Ένα από τα λιγότερο γνωστά φέρι που ταξίδεψαν στα νερά μας ήταν το ΗΓΟΥΜΕΝΙΤΣΑ ΕΞΠΡΕΣ. Σκαρί του 1954 που ναυπηγήθηκε για να ενώσει το Γιβραλτάρ με την απέναντι ακτή.

Το έφερε στην Ελλάδα το 1986 κάποια εταιρεία Red Star Line ως CITY OF LIMASSOL για να κάνει Πειραιά-Κύπρο.
Το 1987 το πήρε η Nausimar του Αρκουμάνης και με αυτό μπήκε στη γραμμή Πρίντεζι-Ηγουμενίτσα.

Αν και ο Σουηδός (http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/mons_calpe_1954.htm)δεν αναφέρει κάτι πέρι αλλαγής του ονόματος του σε HELLENIC SPIRIT, εγώ το πέτυχα με αυτό το όνομα στον Πειραιά το 1987.

Το 1988 πουλήθηκε σε Έλληνες ως LILLY T.
(μήπως κάποιος γνωρίζει που ταξίδεψε με αυτό το όνομα?)
και τελικά έφυγε το 1991 για την Αφρική όπου αργότερα βυθίστηκε.

Έδω και η σχετική "σιδηρόφρακτη¨ φωτογραφία, που την ανεβάζω μιας και τη θεωρώ σχετικά σπάνια.

a.molos
30-03-2008, 00:17
Την ίδια περίοδο, απο άλλη γωνία.

Νικόλας
30-03-2008, 01:26
αν δεν κάνω λάθος αυτό το βαπόρι δεν είναι στο λιμάνι του bari όταν μπαίνεις ακριβώς δεξιά??

esperos
30-03-2008, 12:16
Πότε το είδες ημερομηνία;

Ellinis
30-03-2008, 14:13
O φίλος ΝΙΚΟΛΑΣ εννοεί το ΗΓΟΥΜΕΝΙΤΣΑ ΕΞΠΡΕΣ του Απόστολου Βεντούρη (πρώην Σίφνος Εξπρές) που ήταν δεμένο στο Μπάρι ως ΟΡΕΣΤΗΣ για πολλά χρόνια. Ο Ορέστης πήγε για σκραπ πέρσι νομίζω ενώ το "δικό μας" Ηγουμενίτσα Εξπρές/Hellenic Spirit βούλιαξε στα ρήχα της Μοζαμβίκη το 1997.

Τελικά ως Lilly T. κανείς δεν ξέρει που ταξίδεψε?

esperos
30-03-2008, 14:49
Αγαπητέ Ελληνίς βλέπω να ψάχνεις επίμονα για τα ταξίδια του πλοίου ως LILLY T γι' αυτό θα σου πώ τι γράφουν τα δευτέρια μου, που λεν ότι το πλοίο ετοιμαζόταν για υπηρεσία στην Αφρική αλλά το πρόλαβε η πώληση του στην κυβέρνηση της Λιβύης και στην συνέχεια η δώρηση του στην κυβέρνηση της Μοζαμβίκης.

esperos
05-04-2008, 21:11
Και η μοναδική φώτο που έχω βγαλμένη από ψηλά από τον Αγ. Γεώργιο Κερατσινίου με το όνομα CITY OF LIMASSOL.

Haddock
05-04-2008, 21:19
Esperos, ο φακός σου αποτύπωσε για άλλη μια φορά Ακτοπλοϊκή ιστορία. Δεν θελω να βγω εκτος θεματος, αλλά η φωτογραφία έχει αποτυπώσει το Νάξος δεμένο δίπλα στο City of Limassol.

Ellinis
05-04-2008, 22:11
Και το καράβι με τις 2 τσιμινιέρες πίσω από το Сity of Limassol είναι το Μύκονος ΙΙ που τότε ταξίδευε ως RoRo Anglia για τη Libra Maritime του Γιαννουλάτου.

Henry Casciaro
08-02-2009, 14:48
Και το καράβι με τις 2 τσιμινιέρες πίσω από το Сity of Limassol είναι το Μύκονος ΙΙ που τότε ταξίδευε ως RoRo Anglia για τη Libra Maritime του Γιαννουλάτου.

Aris, although this thread is quite old thought you might enjoy these two cards of the Mons Calpe when she operated between Gibraltar and Tangier as a ferry. She was a very dear ship to me as I grew up with her and used her very regularly to go to Morocco and also on evening cruises. I don't know so much of her later life as Hellenic Spirit and City of Limassol but she was scrapped some time ago I think.

Ellinis
08-02-2009, 18:50
Henry, Mons Calpe had a short but colourful few years in Greece. She was initially named CITY OF LIMASSOL (as shown in post be esperos) and operated in Greece-Cyprus-Haifa service for "Red Star Line".
She was renamed IGOUMENITSA EXPRESS for Nausimar's Greece-Italy service in 1987.

Then myself and a.molos photographed her (posts 1 & 2) named HELLENIC SPIRIT in Piraeus in 1988. She does'nt seem to have travelled under this name but was sold again in 1988 to "Marine Faith" and renamed LILLY T. Her wherabouts under that name are not known but one thought is that she was scheduled to sail to Africa but did not sailed.

She was sold to Libya in 1991 and renamed AFRICA only to be gifted to Mozambique for internal services. Her end came in Maputo, where she capsized inside the harbour in December 1997.

Henry Casciaro
08-02-2009, 20:17
Henry, Mons Calpe had a short but colourful few years in Greece. She was initially named CITY OF LIMASSOL (as shown in post be esperos) and operated in Greece-Cyprus-Haifa service for "Red Star Line".
She was renamed IGOUMENITSA EXPRESS for Nausimar's Greece-Italy service in 1987.

Then myself and a.molos photographed her (posts 1 & 2) named HELLENIC SPIRIT in Piraeus in 1988. She does'nt seem to have travelled under this name but was sold again in 1988 to "Marine Faith" and renamed LILLY T. Her wherabouts under that name are not known but one thought is that she was scheduled to sail to Africa but did not sailed.

She was sold to Libya in 1991 and renamed AFRICA only to be gifted to Mozambique for internal services. Her end came in Maputo, where she capsized inside the harbour in December 1997.

Aris thanks for the very interesting info on her later life. Much appreciated. Best regards Henry.

Ellinis
03-10-2009, 21:18
Και 2 φωτο από την εποχή που τριγύριζε στα στενά του Γιβραλτάρ ως MONS CALPE.

Dedicated to Henry, of course!

πηγή: photoship.co.uk

Henry Casciaro
03-10-2009, 21:33
Και 2 φωτο από την εποχή που τριγύριζε στα στενά του Γιβραλτάρ ως MONS CALPE.

Dedicated to Henry, of course!

πηγή: photoship.co.uk

Aris, thank you very much for these two great pictures.
All the best, Henry.

gtogias
19-01-2010, 14:08
Καλοκαίρι του 1986 και οι εφημερίδες της εποχής γεμίζουν με πρωτοσέλιδα του επεισοδίου στο οποίο ενεπλάκη το City of Limassol.

Συγκεκριμένα το City of Limassol κατά τη διάρκεια της κρουαζιέρας του στα Δωδεκάνησα έπεσε μέσα σε περιοχή όπου το Τουρκικό Ναυτικό διεξήγαγε ασκήσεις. Έπεσαν κανονιοβολισμοί, παρολίγο εμβολισμός κλπ.

Διαβάστε τα σχετικά από την εφημερίδα "Τα Νέα", της 1ης και 2ας Ιουλίου 1986:

gtogias
19-01-2010, 14:11
Συνέχεια..

gtogias
19-01-2010, 14:12
Και η φωτογραφία του πλοίου:

Henry Casciaro
19-01-2010, 16:41
George, these articles and pictures are really interesting (if only I could read Greek !) since they are about a ship which I grew up with when she was the Mons Calpe and served for many years on the Gibraltar/Tangier route.
From what little I can gather I take it she had a few exciting moments when she served in the Eastern Med!

Thanks for posting this, Henry.

gtogias
19-01-2010, 16:55
George, these articles and pictures are really interesting (if only I could read Greek !) since they are about a ship which I grew up with when she was the Mons Calpe and served for many years on the Gibraltar/Tangier route.
From what little I can gather I take it she had a few exciting moments when she served in the Eastern Med!

Thanks for posting this, Henry.

Henry

I do apologize for not being able to also present the documents in other than the language in which they are written.
Most of them are stored as pdf files however the text cannot be selected for an attempt to translate automatically.

Just to give you a hint of the incident, the ship while cruising near the island of Kastellorizo in the southern extremities of Greece, passed near an area on which the Turkish navy was conducting maneuvers.

During the passage, the Turks, obviously not in fond of a ship with a Cypriot flag, violated the majority of the laws governing such encounters.

Remember, this happened in the eighties, when the relationships between Greece and Turkey where almost at the verge of a military conflict.

ΒΙΚΤΩΡ ΧΙΩΤΗΣ
29-10-2014, 12:45
Πηγή: shipspotting

Aς θυμηθούμε αυτό το βαποράκι με το σύντομο πέρασμα από τα νερά μας.

Henry Casciaro
29-10-2014, 18:20
Πηγή: shipspotting

Aς θυμηθούμε αυτό το βαποράκι με το σύντομο πέρασμα από τα νερά μας.

Thanks Victor for sharing these two photos of a ship that was very dear to us here in Gibraltar as she operated the regular two and a half hour crossing Gibraltar-Tangier when the frontier with Spain was closed in the days of the dictator General Franco. She was a Clyde built ferry and always looked like a miniature Cunard liner! Maybe it was her funnel colours and dark hull.

Henry.

BEN BRUCE
29-10-2014, 20:36
city of limassol απο το navi e armatori

Ellinis
30-10-2014, 00:01
Kαι από πλευράς μου μια φωτογραφία από τον Απρίλη του 1987 που μου είχε στείλει ο Neil Burns και που το δείχνει ως ΗΓΟΥΜΕΝΙΤΣΑ ΕΞΠΡΕΣ με τη σημαία της Σρι Λάνκα στην πρύμνη του και υπό την πλοιοκτησία της Virgo Shipping Co. Μικρό καραβάκι αλλά ενδιαφέρον, με την ανοιχτή πρύμνη που συνηθιζόταν σε φέρι της εποχής του.

Να μεταφέρουμε και τι γράφει το CLYDEBUILTSHIPS (http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuilt/viewship.asp?id=2874) για το τέλος του πλοίου: "Previous to 9/12/1997 out of service and arrived in tow at Matola Anchorage in Maputo Port Area, in 25.58S 32.28E. On 9/12/1997 reported sunk/grounded as a wreck; believed subsequently broken up"

ΒΙΚΤΩΡ ΧΙΩΤΗΣ
30-10-2014, 08:38
Thanks Victor for sharing these two photos of a ship that was very dear to us here in Gibraltar as she operated the regular two and a half hour crossing Gibraltar-Tangier when the frontier with Spain was closed in the days of the dictator General Franco. She was a Clyde built ferry and always looked like a miniature Cunard liner! Maybe it was her funnel colours and dark hull.

Henry. She was a little sympathetic ferry,very British in both style and colours.During her brief passing from our waters she was put in much longer itineraries.

Victor

Ellinis
22-12-2019, 23:36
Το ορίτζιναλ 😉 HELLENIC SPIRIT σε μια φωτογραφία με άρωμα Scrimali