PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Lady Dina [Caribia 2, Galaxy Queen, Roma]

esperos
16-03-2008, 11:42
Και αυτό δεν το είδαμε να ταξιδεύει παρόλο που κουβάλαγε μαζί του μια μεγάλη ιστορία. Εδώ στα τελευταία του στο Ιταλικό λιμάνι La Spezia εκεί που βρήκαν το τέλος τους και άλλα δικά μας πλοία.

Ellinis
16-03-2008, 13:48
Απίστευτη φωτογραφία φίλε έσπερε.

Εντυπωσιακό είναι την ελληνική σημαία είχε σηκώσει και ένα πρώην αεροπλανοφόρο!

Το αεροπλανοφόρο συνοδείας FENCER μετατράπηκε μετά τον πόλεμο στο μεταναστευτικό SYDNEY για τη Lauro και από το 1968 έκανε κρουαζιέρες. Το 1970 πουλήθηκε στο Βρεταννικό ταξιδιωτικό γραφείο Sovereign Cruises (που είχε ναυλώσει και το Β.ΦΡΕΙΔΕΡΙΚΗ) και μετανομάστηκε GALAXY QUEEN.
Σε Ελληνικά χέρια ήρθε το 1973 για λογαριασμό κάποιου Κοτσοβίλη ως LADY TINA ή κάτα άλλες πηγές LADY DINA.
Ναυλώθηκε το 1974 στη Siosa και ταξίδεψε στη Μεσόγειο χωρίς επιτυχία ως CARIBIA 2 και διαλύθηκε το 1975.

Περισσότερα εδώ (http://www.bismarck-class.dk/other_craft_involved/british_ships_involved/aircraft_carriers/fencer.html).

Στα παραπάνω να προσθέσω οτι το 1973 είχε κατασχεθεί για χρέη στη Γαλλία αλλά σύντομα ελευθερώθηκε.
Στη Siosa ναυλώθηκε σε αντικατάσταση του Caribia (ex-Vulcania), ενός βαποριού του 1927, που τότε πήγε για σκραπ. Δεν τα πήγε καλά στη ναύλωση λόγω μηχανικών προβλημάτων και έτσι έμεινε δεμένο για το τελευταίο χρόνο πριν καταλήξει στο διαλυτήριο.

Ellinis
18-03-2009, 23:41
The Galaxy programme is from 1971. In fact i read in one of the Anthony Cooke books on smaller liners and cruise ships that her cruise programme was a bit of a disaster and did'nt last very long!

She prooved to be an unlucky ship in her last years. In 1973 she was owned by a Greek named Kotzovilis for cruising in the Med as the Lady Dina but she was arrested soon for depts.
In 1974 she was chartered to Siosa as the Caribia 2, to replace the old Caribia, but she developed mechanical problems.
Her next stop was the breakers yard.

Henry Casciaro
21-03-2009, 14:29
Aris, have attached the only brochure I have of her as Caribia 2 but as i mentioned to you the photo is touched up. I don't have any images of her as Lady Dina. Henry.

britanis
21-03-2009, 14:36
oh my god!
was the red and yellow line a joke?????????????????
ore real???????????

Ellinis
21-03-2009, 15:13
Andy, it is surely a retouch as Henry mentioned.

The cover of the brochure reminds me of the "yellow submarine" album of the Beatles! Very 70s !

Ship's Agent
21-03-2009, 18:52
Hello Friends

I had some weeks ago a friend who was asking me exactly about the history of the CARIBIA 2, and I found something very interesting...

Henry provided valuable images of the CARIBIA 2 cruise broschure, however as far as I could find via the internet and via some friends who cruised on her ( she was most of the tiem chartered to netehrlnads cruise operator CLUB 33 ), she never had typical Siosa blue funnel colours with the " S ", neither those red and yellow hull lines....

So, I found this web site that show her exactly as I was told...

She made cruises as CARIBIA 2 with....RED GRAPE funnel colour...

http://www.pnc.com.au/~byceme/roma/caribia2b.htm

So...more comments are welcome.

Kindest regards

britanis
21-03-2009, 19:08
very sad he have only 2 perfekt decksplans on his site no more !
deck B 2 twice

Henry Casciaro
21-03-2009, 19:08
Dimas, well done and good website with great photos. I have a lovely brochure of her as Roma under Flotta Lauro with beautiful interior shots, I can upload it if you are interested. Best regards Henry.

britanis
21-03-2009, 19:13
henry ? you ask???????
YES WE ARE !

Ellinis
21-03-2009, 23:20

Some additional information on her story after her sale from Lauro.
In 1969 she appeares to be cruising in the Med for the Italian firm Aretusa SpA.
In October 1970 she was bought jointly by Sovereign Cruises and Cosmos Tours. Her first cruise as the Galaxy Queen was made in 20 March 1971 but she prooved to be a failure.
In 1972 she is sold to G.Kotzovilis, renamed Lady Dina and raises the Greek flag.
In 1973 she was arrested for depts (I think in Cannes) but released soon.

Henry Casciaro
22-03-2009, 13:42
Aris, here is the Flotta Lauro brochure featuring Roma (as mentioned earlier). Maybe we should create a separate thread for this ship as she is now featured in several posts and seems to be popular! Just a suggestion anyway. Cheers Henry.

britanis
22-03-2009, 14:14
;-) thanks henry great

Ellinis
21-09-2010, 22:34
Mια σπάνια φωτογραφία (http://www.andimar.spanishspotters.com/ver_foto.php?fid=1739)του πλοίου ως GALAXY QUEEN στη Μάλτα το 1970. Για να έχει αλλάξει όνομα, πρέπει να είχε ήδη περάσει στη Sovereign Cruises αλλά παρέμεναν τα σινιάλα της Lauro.

TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA
22-09-2010, 09:09
Στο τελευταίο βιβλίο του Anthony Cooke, Liners & Cruise Ships 3 υπάρχει εκτενές ιστορικό του πλοίου με αρκετές φωτογραφίες. Οι μετασκευές που του έγιναν και το χτίσιμο των καταστρωμάτων γύρω από την τσιμινιέρα κατά την άποψή μου το κάνουν να φαίνεται άγαρμπο.

τοξοτης
29-01-2015, 23:33
Στην ιστοσελίδα : http://www.ssmaritime.com/roma-sydney.htm μπορούμε να δούμε ενδιαφέροντα στοιχεία και φωτογραφίες.

Ellinis
22-01-2016, 22:05
Hello Friends

I had some weeks ago a friend who was asking me exactly about the history of the CARIBIA 2, and I found something very interesting...

Henry provided valuable images of the CARIBIA 2 cruise broschure, however as far as I could find via the internet and via some friends who cruised on her ( she was most of the tiem chartered to netehrlnads cruise operator CLUB 33 ), she never had typical Siosa blue funnel colours with the " S ", neither those red and yellow hull lines....

So, I found this web site that show her exactly as I was told...

Kindest regards
Όσα μας είχε γράψει κάποτε ο Dimas επιβεβαιώνονται από αυτές τις δυο φωτογραφίες από το ebay, που δείχνουν το πλοίο ως CARIBIA 2. Στη δεύτερη είναι δίπλα στο FRANCA C., το υπεραιωνόβιο νυν DOULOS PHOS.

172163 172164