Σελίδα 5 από 6 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 3456 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 41 έως 50 από 53

Θέμα: Vessels by Type & Size

Προεπιλογή Tanker Types

In this table we can see, types and sizes of tankers, as well as the properties of Panama canal and Suez canal.
    Tankers.JPG
    Source: http://www.mandiesel.com/files/news/...10-0031-00.pdf
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Παναγιώτης : 17-12-2008 στις 15:21

Περιοχή
    Αθηνα για την ωρα

Προεπιλογή

Speaking about vessel types I would like to add the term "Laker" which pertains to specially constructed vessels travelling between ports of the Great Lakes area - from The mouth of St Lawrence River, Quebec, Canada to Duluth, Minessotta, USA. The Lakers are either bulkers or tankers.

By the way, I have a bunch of photos of them Lakers and I'd love to upload them in the Photo Gallery if there was some direction by any Moderator as to what folder/subcategory should I upload them under. Should I upload them in the Bulker, Tanker or in the Coastal subcategories?
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Apollo : 29-12-2008 στις 16:55

Περιοχή
    Athens, Syros-Tinos

Προεπιλογή

Good day, you may upload them in the section Ocean. We have created a new folder named "Lakers".

Let me give you some brief guidance about uploading:
    1. Title (insert the name of the vessel), a brief description of the place/date and the ship. During teh moderation of the picture any comments after the ships name will be trasfered under the photo.
    2. max permissible size is 1000x750 pixels
    3. use compact and brief file names: e.g. laker_mary see also more details here check for english version.

You may conatct me also via private message by clicking on top right

Καλώς ήρθατε, Leo.
    Τελευταία επίσκεψή σας: 30-12-08 01:04
    here > Προσωπικά Μηνύματα: 0 Νέα Μηνύματα, Σύνολο 25
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Leo : 30-12-2008 στις 08:25

Προεπιλογή

Dear Apollo thank you for your intention to share with us photos of thiw particular type of ship we had already a discussion about them here with photos from the constuction of the keel of a vessel of such type.
    So we are interested about your photos as well as about some dimension of them such as draught (probably derived from great lakes draugth limitations).

Περιοχή
    Αθηνα για την ωρα

Προεπιλογή

Leo, thank you for the creation of the subfolder Lakers and the direction for uploading photos in the gallery.

Περιοχή
    Αθηνα για την ωρα

Προεπιλογή

Dear Παναγιωτη, I will be glad to share with all in this forum all I know about the Great Lakes and the boats in due time, as I compare time like a fast running wild horse which I am trying to catch up with and tame it but I have not achieved it so far. The Great Lakes issue is a big one. I already have started a blog, I am trying to organize and retouch my pix in Picassa and I am also working on a database for these boats.

Περιοχή
    Αθηνα για την ωρα

Προεπιλογή

Let me add one more size of ships. It's the Seawaymax.

Seawaymax

Ship breadth up to: 24 m (78 ft)
    Overall ship length up to: 226 m (740 ft)
    Ship draught up to: 7.92 m (26 ft)

The term Seawaymax refers to vessels which are the maximum size that can fit through the canals and locks
    of the St. Lawrence Seaway system which extends from the Atlantic to the lake Erie. This system is a part of the Great Lakes-St Lawrence Seaway System.

I believe that the "Great Lakes-St Lawrence Seaway System" deserves its own space in the Subcategory Θαλασσιοι Δρομοι, next to Panama and Suez canals.

But I equally believe that it rests up to the Administrators of the forum to decide if and where they will create such space and which form it will have because the "Great Lakes-St Lawrence Seaway Sytem" has many canals and locks in a distance of 2,038 nautical miles extending from the Atlantic Ocean to Duluth in the westernmost part of Lake Superior.

Περιοχή
    Athens

Προεπιλογή

Lets add a "New Type" Neo-Panamax since the canal expanding. In the latest edition of Surveyor magasine of ABS there is a relevant article. http://www.eagle.org/news/pubs.html
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Παναγιώτης : 18-01-2009 στις 11:59 Αιτία: Translation from greek

Περιοχή
    Athens - Tinos

Προεπιλογή

And a new type of Ore Carrer (VLOC = Very Large Ore Carrier) Chinamax?? 400.000 ton dwt!! which described in attached "Βulk Carrier Update" of DNV. There is an order for 12 of these ships. We mast see the the conclusion in current situation

Vessel sizes took off!!
    Συνημμένα Αρχεία Συνημμένα Αρχεία
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Παναγιώτης : 18-01-2009 στις 12:20 Αιτία: Translation from greek

Περιοχή
    Βόλος, Πειραιάς

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Natsios Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Και ένα άλλο είδος Ore Carrer (VLOC = Very Large Ore Carrier) Chinamax?? 400.000 ton dwt!! που περιγραφετε στο επισυναπτομενο "Βulk Carrier Update" του DNV. Έχει δωθεί παραγγελία για 12 τέτοια πλοία. Θα δέίξει που θα καταλήξει με τις παρούσες συνθήκες

Έχουν ξεφύγει τα μεγέθη των πλοίων!!
    When I was in China 15 days ago, I saw a refit from VLCC to VLOC, the capacity of them is about 300,000 t in 11 holds. Describe them as AustaralianMax and constructed for the transport of Iron Ore from Australian terminals to China. If you see the photos posted in Oceean going Ships + Photo thread you will see the refit procedure.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Παναγιώτης : 18-01-2009 στις 12:27 Αιτία: Translation from greek

Σελίδα 5 από 6 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 3456 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας