Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 13

Θέμα: Information about port facilities and destinations around the world

Προεπιλογή Information about port facilities and destinations around the world

Let's start a subforum where we are going to find port facilities and information for the places that we visit! What is your opinion moderator?

Προεπιλογή

This is the purpose of this section. We can start in this thread. If there are sufficient posts for a particular place then a new thread concerning the specific port will be opened and all relevant posts will be transfered there.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Petros : 29-11-2007 στις 09:24

Περιοχή
    Athens

Προεπιλογή

Welcome Mad K.

You can start hear with your experience of a visit at a particular port(s).

By gathering information about different ports of the world, maybe in the future we will be able to have a 'database' with useful operational, commercial and recreational details.

Προεπιλογή

A great source of information is the following publication:
    World Port Index
    The World Port Index (Pub 150) publication contains the location, characteristics, known facilities, and available services of major ports, shipping facilities and oil terminals throughout the world (approximately 64,000 entries). The data in this publication is mostly tabular and new editions are published bi-annually. This publication is available in its entirety on the website http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/marit...c24fd73927a759
    and there are also database queries available for all of the port information contained within.

Περιοχή
    Thessaloniki

Προεπιλογή

Another website is the www.portfocus.com which contains the websites of the bigger ports in every country.
    [B]ignoramus et ignorabimus[/B]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από gvaggelas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Another website is the www.portfocus.com which contains the websites of the bigger ports in every country.
    As well as the following link too:
    http://www.overseasmaritime.com/ports/
    η ευτυχια ειναι αυτο που περιμενουμε να 'ρθει...

Προεπιλογή ROTTERDAM

So let us commence with the world's largest transit center, Europort or Rotterdam. Europort is located on the coast of river Lek and it is connected via an artificial canal with the North Sea. Europort is the most busyness port of the world where hundrends of ships arrive and sail everyday. There are terminals for all kinds of ships ,bunkerstations and provision facilities. What is more, Europort is both an import and export center of Holland and central Europe as it has a huge railway net where trains transfer the goods. The city of Rotterdam is about 20km away from the port, and it is worth to visit it as it is a chic place with lots of canals where you can find hypermarkets and shops to buy anything you will need during your next voyage.

Περιοχή
    Athens

Προεπιλογή

Very lively description.

Do you have any pictures of the things you describe? (river Lek, artificial canal, terminals for all kinds of ships, provision facilities, huge railway net where trains transfer the goods, canals).

I would really like to visit Rotterdam at some point.

Προεπιλογή Rotterdam

I am terribly sorry but I have no pictures of this place.You see, I visited Europort once as an apprentice officer with a bulk carrier and one time as a visitor with the school of Hydra during our educational voyage but I did not have a photo machine. I am sure we can find pictures in Google.com

Προεπιλογή

Don't worry ...Next time!

Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία