Σελίδα 5 από 14 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 34567 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 41 έως 50 από 137

Θέμα: Χανδρής [Chandris Lines & Cruises]

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

i found by ebay a picture from the achille lauro chandris line?????????????????
    is that a joke ??

Προεπιλογή

I thing yes. As I remember Achille Lauro never sailed under Chandris.

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

look by ebay under chandris line!

Προεπιλογή

File britanis which site of ebay

Περιοχή
    Madeira Island - Portugal

Προεπιλογή

Jut to let you know that during a brief time Chandris and Flotta Lauro joined services, and in fact they even made a company postcard advertising the Achille Lauro under both companies association.

I will post a scan of it soon...
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Προεπιλογή

Dear friends, the Chandris brochure of 1985 includes the Achile Lauro as it was managed by Chandris with the possible option of purchase. As a matter of fact I was the Shore Excursion manager on board Romanza (1985), but the original plans were for me to board the Achile Lauro. The Chief Purser was already on board coming from Chandris (J. Synodinos), but last minute changes in March 1985 had me change ships. I was very lucky- if you remember what happened to Achile Lauro in 85.....

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή Reina Del Mar

reina del mar5.jpg

REINA DEL MAR in Chandris colours! a "photoshop" of course as she never wear them. But was she bought after all?

The widely known story of REINA DEL MAR goes like that:
    Her service with Pacific Steam Navigation Co ended when she completed her last South American voyage in March of 1964. She was refitted for cruising during 1964 and was then chartered to a South African organisation; Max Wilson's Travel Savings Association (TSA), the principle shareholders being Canadian Pacific, Union-Castle and Royal Mail. With Union-Castle Line managing the ship she commenced her first sailing to New York on 10th June 1964. In October Union-Castle Line took over ownership of TSA and in November she was painted in the famous lilac livery of the mailship operators. The Reina was still owned by PSNC and was chartered to Union-Castle for five years. In 1973 she was finally acquired by Union-Castle Line before the charter expired and she traded for a further two years.
    Source

But where does Chandris fits into this?
    The photo comes from a 1964 article from greek magazine Nautika Hronika which mentions that she had been bought by Chandris for £3million with the aggreement to charter her back to TSA "until the end of her life"! Chandris also took a 20% share in TSA. The ship would raise the Greek flag in June 1964, crewed with Greeks and renamed accordingly.

Here it is from another source:
    In November 1963 a powerful controversy sprang up over the decision to resell the Reina del Mar to the Greek shipowner A.J. Chandris. Flying the Greek flag and manned by a Greek crew she would be chartered back to TSA for her lifetime. Chandris would become a fifth equal shareholder. Sir Nicholas Cayzer, the then chairman of TSA, pointed out that the organisation was primarily a sales concern and not a shipping company, and was not geared to operating a cruise ship on a complicated itinerary.
    Ambitious plans were announced. With an increase from 770 to 1,150 in her passenger capacity, and with new public rooms and facilities, the Reina del Mar would be well equipped for her new role as a full-time cruise liner. A sixty day voyage from Durban to Japan for the Olympics was scheduled as a curtain raiser.

However the British seafarers unions put a strong opposition, and they found a good argument when LAKONIA sunk. TSA stepped back from the deal and Chandris never took delivery of the REINA DEL MAR.
    Sadly though, if she had came in Greek hands she would have survived for longer. She was scrapped in 1975 with only 19 years of service.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Reina del Mar

Thanks Aris for yet another fascinating story!........very interesting indeed
    Henry

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

it is my for 6 minutes by ebay ;-))))))))))))))))))))
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

;-))))))))))))))))))now i hold the single in my hand
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες
    • Τύπος Αρχείου: jpg ch.jpg (310,9 KB, 47 εμφανίσεις)
    • Τύπος Αρχείου: jpg chan.jpg (304,4 KB, 39 εμφανίσεις)
    • Τύπος Αρχείου: jpg chandr.jpg (452,9 KB, 35 εμφανίσεις)
    • Τύπος Αρχείου: jpg chandris.jpg (452,7 KB, 38 εμφανίσεις)

Σελίδα 5 από 14 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 34567 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας