Θέμα: The Emerald [Regent Rainbow ,Santa Rosa]

Προεπιλογή

Το emerald σήμερα στο Πέραμα

P5292743.jpg

P5292767.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Ξέρουμε αν το ετοιμάζουν για τη σεζόν και που θα ταξιδέψει?

Προεπιλογή

Aν ισχυει η ναυλωση των AQUAMARINE και ORIENT QUEEN στη Σαρδηνια για τη G8, τοτε το πλοιο τελος του τρεχοντος πρεπει να ειναι ετοιμο neck and crop!
    ...απίστευτος ο κόσμος κι ο χαρακτήρας μας...

Προεπιλογή Looking for Information on the reconstruction of the Regent Rainbow/Emerald

I am hoping someone here can help me with some information about the reconstruction of the Santa Rosa into the Rainbow/Regent Rainbow or the later work on the ship as the Emerald.

I am writing a history of this ship.

I am looking for details and photos when the ship was at the Avlis shipyard.

Please contact me at sstraveler @ aol . com (remove spaces)

Sorry I do not speak Greek.

Προεπιλογή SANTA ROSA - REGENT RAINBOW rebuilding

I am looking for information and photos about the conversion of the Santa Rosa at the Avlis Shipyard into the Rainbow for a new history of the ship that I am writing.

I also need pictures of the conversion as it was taking place.

Anyone know who did the work on the ship and what work was done?

Please contact me(I do not speak Greek). You can email me at

sstraveler @ aol . com

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Santa Rosa

Dear SSTraveller,

I am also am a great fan of the Santa Rosa/Regent Rainboew/Emerald and am completeing a research file of this Louis owned veteran which luckily enough is still sailing successfully today after 50+ years of service. Hopefully I will be sailing on her for a short 4 day cruise in September from Limassol!

Anyway although I don't have any pictures of her conversion at Avlis I have attached a couple of pages which might be of interest to you as they have some technical details about her equipment and conversion. Also the designers and conversion cost are stated.

All the best
    Henry.

scan0258.jpg

scan0259.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Emerald

sstraveller, if you look under www.ssmaritime.com there is a history of the Santa Rosa with two photos in her later stages, one of them when her conversion started at Avlis.
    Henry.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

So far I have not seen any pictures of the ship at Avlis.
    I know a fellow forum member actually boarded her prior to the start of the refit at Avlis and described that internally she was still impressing. SANTA ROSA arrived under tow in March 1990 and the conversion was supposed to be completed in June 1992.

As far as I know the work was done by naval architects employed by Lelakis (owner of both Regency and Avlis Shipyard at that time).

What is little known is that initially the ship was renamed PACIFIC SUN , probably for employment by Starlite Cruises (also Lelakis controlled) that also owned PACIFIC STAR (ex-SITIA).
    Then during the conversion the name DIAMONT ISLAND was considered (or actually taken?) but instead she became the REGENT RAINBOW.

Προεπιλογή

the ΕΜΕRALD στη ροδο στις 15 απριλιου του 2006

emer.JPG

Προεπιλογή Santa Rosa/Rainbow/Emerald

Thanks for the reponse. The website however has a number of inaccuracies. The picture that it says is in Greece was lifted from another website and it is not Greece at all. That's when the ship was laid up in Baltimore and there is no work going on at that time.

Σελίδα 3 από 16 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 1234513 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας