Σελίδα 13 από 15 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 31112131415 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 121 έως 130 από 141

Θέμα: Δήλος (Νομικού) [Delos, Wappen von Hamburg]

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από ΒΙΚΤΩΡ ΧΙΩΤΗΣ Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Φίλε TSS QAM πολύ καλά κάνεις κ το εξηγείς γιά να μαθαίνουν οι μη γνωρίζοντες.Αυτό με την σημαδούρα,ναύδετο γιά την ακρίβεια,στην Ελλάδα το βλέπουμε στην Σαντορίνη γιά τα κρουαζιερόπλοια κ στους ναυστάθμους γιά τα πολεμικά.
    Το ρεμέντζο έχει πάρει κ την έννοια του χώρου της πρύμης ή της πλώρης όπου ευρίσκονται οι εργάτες (μπόμπες)γιά τις άγκυρες κ τους κάβους,οι μπίντες κ τα όκκια.
    Πολύ σωστά φίλε Βίκτωρα Χιώτη. Γενικά θα έλεγα ότι με την ελεύθερη έννοια είναι ο τόπος και ο χώρος πρόσδεσης.

Προεπιλογή

Μια ομορφη πλωρια φωτογραφια του ΔΗΛΟΣ στον Ταμεση με φοντο την γεφυρα του Λονδινου

http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20...s/Delos-07.jpg

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη T.S.S. APOLLON : 30-01-2016 στις 16:06

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από T.S.S. APOLLON Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Μια ομορφη πλωρια φωτογραφια του ΔΗΛΟΣ στον Ταμεση με φοντο την γεφυρα του Λονδινου

http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20...s/Delos-07.jpg

Great photo George unusual to see the Delos in London could this have been on her delivery voyage from Germany or whilst on a charter cruise later on in her Greek career ?

Best regards
    Henry.

Προεπιλογή

What ever happened with DELOS? Three years ago she was in Sacramento and then San Francisco, nicely painted but kind of abandoned... I had uploaded photos then,. What happened after that? Frankly, I did not like the "group" that owned her at that time. They were trying to collect funds to "restore her" but the restoration was done by jus one or two amateurs... And there were fights with the local authorities (in Sacramento)...

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    What ever happened with DELOS? Three years ago she was in Sacramento and then San Francisco, nicely painted but kind of abandoned... I had uploaded photos then,. What happened after that? Frankly, I did not like the "group" that owned her at that time. They were trying to collect funds to "restore her" but the restoration was done by jus one or two amateurs... And there were fights with the local authorities (in Sacramento)...
    Nicholas coincidentally I came across this on facebook this morning....

Christopher Willson

9 hrs

Part 1: This is the main deck of the Aurora / Wappen von Hamburg as it appeared summer before last. We were in the stages of removing old rotted deck planks in order to get to the steel so we could make repairs as needed. This deck has come a long way since this image was taken.
    When I found this ship in 2008 she was very close to being sold for scrap. She was extremely neglected and was certainly an eye sore to view. She was full of trash and I don't just mean a little here and there. I pulled single handed a total of 17 15ft Uhaul loads of trash from just the A and B decks alone. The decks had leaked for years destroying many areas of the interior. She was a sad ship with lots of sad stories. After my first viewing of this ship I almost walked away. She was far to large of a project for my budget.
    This ship weighed heavy on my mind for a couple of weeks after I had first seen her. She had beautiful lines but needed so much work. I was not a ship guy. I had many skills that fit into this project but had never even been or worked on a ship of this size. What do I do first? Really I had no idea. This ship was inches from being sold for scrap and this was so far out of my comfort level.
    At the time I rented a normal sized house and made an average income. I was not a rich guy looking for a yacht project by any means. Owning a ship never even came to mind. But something drew me to her. Something I can't explain in words.
    I started researching this ship online and found that she had massive historical significance on multiple levels. There was no shortness of information about her out there. Possibly one of the most documented ships in the world. I knew it was time to take action.
    Have you ever had a time in your life that you were about to risk everything on something that you knew nothing about? This was that time. I had to jump in with both feet or not at all. Something kept telling me this was the right thing to do and amazingly enough I felt calm and motivated.
    I may have had an average job and and average income but my skill set was not so average. It was time to put my talents to work to save this ship..............
    ......more to come
    To read more and witness our restoration first hand. We welcome you to join our group at the link below.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/560137660800546/

this sounds to me very much on the lines of what you describe above but it seems that she is now in better shape ......interesting !!

all the best
    Henry.

Προεπιλογή

Thanks Henry. Ia m glad you brought this up to my attention. For me all these restoration efforts with crowdfunding are suspicious... Maybe my old age.

Προεπιλογή

Για τους φίλους των όμορφων κλασσικών ποσταλιών, τώρα που ελάχιστα διασώζονται παγκοσμίως, το μικρό Δήλος της Θηραϊκής Ατμοπολοίας Π. Νομικού σιγά-σιγά με το μεράκι και την επιμονή του ιδιοκτήτη του Christopher Willson συνεχίζει να επισκευάζεται με σκοπό να αποκτήσει και πάλι την παλιά καλή του εμφάνιση σε πείσμα των καιρών. Περισσότερα εδώ: http://maritimematters.com/2016/10/s...y-in-stockton/
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 20-10-2016 στις 12:19

Περιοχή
    ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑΣ

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Για τους φίλους των όμορφων κλασσικών ποσταλιών, τώρα που ελάχιστα διασώζονται παγκοσμίως, το μικρό Δήλος της Θηραϊκής Ατμοπολοίας Π. Νομικού σιγά-σιγά με το μεράκι και την επιμονή του ιδιοκτήτη του Christopher Willson συνεχίζει να επισκευάζεται με σκοπό να αποκτήσει και πάλι την παλιά καλή του εμφάνιση σε πείσμα των καιρών. Περισσότερα εδώ: http://maritimematters.com/2016/10/s...y-in-stockton/
    Το είχε γράψει πριν 2-3 τεύχη κ το Ships Monthly.Στο Stockton όπου βρίσκεται, μακρυά από τη θάλασσα,έχω πάει.Είναι ένας πλωτός ποταμός,να σκεφθείς,το βαπόρι που ήμουνα ήταν 11000+ κοχ.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Μια βραδυνή φωτογραφία με το ΔΗΛΟΣ και ένα από τα φορτηγοποστάλια της Adriatica

delos.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Μια βραδυνή φωτογραφία με το ΔΗΛΟΣ και ένα από τα φορτηγοποστάλια της Adriatica

delos.jpg
    πανέμορφη και πολύ νοσταλγική φωτογραφία Αρη.

Σελίδα 13 από 15 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 31112131415 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας