Σελίδα 2 από 15 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 123412 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 11 έως 20 από 141

Θέμα: Δήλος (Νομικού) [Delos, Wappen von Hamburg]

Προεπιλογή

Το D.E.S. Δήλος, από καρτποστάλ της Νοmikos Lines.

O18.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από britanis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    but when anyone have the symbol for the funnel.......................i have i idea
    Amazing symbol for the funnel. Nomikos Lines!
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Προεπιλογή Photos of Delos

DELOS 1

I am delighted you started a thread on one of the most lovely cruise ships to grace the Aegean, Delos. In March 2007 I was at the free University of Berlin. While strolling at Unter den Linden, I stopped at the open book market in front of the Humboldt University in the old East Berlin. What a find! I came out with about 20 books including a leaflet that had been published in Germany (no publisher) about the history of Wappen von Hamburg/Delos/Xanadu/Fairmont. It has some glorious pictures that I have scanned and I am presenting here.

Dedicated to Henry Casciaro who fascinates us with his brochures, britanis whose ship models we admire, Apollon who has dazzled us with his older Greek ship photos and Ellinis who continues to be the most knowledgeable in our ship!

Delos was born as Wappen von Hamburg (i.e. the Coats of Arms of Hamburg, or O Thyreos tou Ambourgou) of Hafendampfschiffahrts-Actien-Gesellschaft (HADAG). She is so well known in Germany that she has her own Wikipedia reference! But look at the first one http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Wappen_von_Hamburg She was built for the extremely popular run between Hamburg and the island of Helgoland, a popular summer resort for Germans. See map here http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20060423172837 and a picture of the harbor today here http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20050905202844
    Check also http://www.cruiseshipodyssey.com/Helgoland.htm She was a clean, perfect ship with a speed of 17.5 knots when she was built in 1955 that became 21.5 knots (!) in 1961 with new engines... She came to Delos in 1961 and left us in 1967 or so...

First, pictures from Germany when she was Wappen von Hamburg

Below, a photograph (credit: Kramers of Dortmund) in 1955 while in Helgoland

Wappen1.jpg

The speed of the service is advertised below

ad.jpg

And here in Cuxhaven (in the background) with Bürgermeister Ross in the front (see http://www.inselfaehren.de/index.php...ster-ross-1948 about this second ship)

Wappen2.jpg

Below another one (credit: Schöning, Lübeck)

Wappen3.jpg

And then a glorious, full-speed run to Helgoland as captured by F Schensky of Helgoland

Wappen4.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 12-04-2009 στις 20:43

Προεπιλογή

DELOS 2

Delos was born as Wappen von Hamburg (i.e. the Coats of Arms of Hamburg, or O Thyreos tou Ambourgou) of Hafendampfschiffahrts-Actien-Gesellschaft (HADAG). She was built for the extremely popular run between Hamburg and the island of Helgoland, a popular summer resort for Germans.
    More pictures from Germany when she was Wappen von Hamburg

Here in Hörnum in 1959.

Wappen5.jpg

And here in Hamburg in a HADAG ad/postcard from 1959 with Bunten Kuh behind her. Can you guess which ship the last one became? Stella Solaris! http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/bunte_kuh_1957.htm

Wappen6.jpg

And one more color photo

Wappen7.jpg

Here is a spectacular photograph from the route to Helgoland. Waves can get vicious up there!
    (credit: Kramers of Dortmund)

Wappen8.jpg
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Smile Wappen von Hamburg

Nicholas, absolutely fabulous, well done in documenting this ship so thoroughly. Thank you for your dedication and best regards Henry.

Προεπιλογή the Delos years

DELOS 4

Eventually, Delos came to Greece as a Nomikos cruise ship. Think about it! The owners of the company with the smartest and youngest passenger ships were selecting as their flag cruise ship one of the most beloved German ships!!! Get it? German tourists flooded the Greek cruises with their favorite ship!..

All these photos are from Nomikos brochures

Delos1.jpg

Delos2.jpg

Delos3.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 13-04-2009 στις 06:53

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Nicholas, absolutely fabulous, well done in documenting this ship so thoroughly. Thank you for your dedication and best regards Henry.
    Thanks. This has been very enjoyable

DELOS 5

And then came the years of Xanadu this magic cruise ship...

Xanadu1.jpg Xanadu2.jpg

Anyone for a cruise with Xanadu?

Xanadu3.jpg Xanadu5.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 25-04-2013 στις 21:47

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

It seems that Xanadu Cruises had very colourful brochures, thanks for posting them Nicholas.
    As XANADU she sailed in 1972-77 and was then laid up until 1982.

Before that she sailed in 1967-70 for Alaska Cruise Line as the POLAR STAR. In 1970 she went to West Cruise Line as the PACIFIC STAR.

In 1982 she was sold to Pan Aleutian Seafoods to be used as a crab processing plant but remained idle and was sold in 1984 to become an exhibition ship and was renamed EXPEX.
    Xanadu Cruises bought her back in 1985 but she did not re-entered service.
    In 1991 she was sold to Friend Ships to become a mercy ship but once more nothing came out, except that she was renamed FAITHFUL.

Her last renaming occured in 2003, becoming the XANADU 2, with a plan to become a floating hospital.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    It seems that Xanadu Cruises had very colourful brochures, thanks for posting them Nicholas.
    As XANADU she sailed in 1972-77 and was then laid up until 1982.

Before that she sailed in 1967-70 for Alaska Cruise Line as the POLAR STAR. In 1970 she went to West Cruise Line as the PACIFIC STAR.

In 1982 she was sold to Pan Aleutian Seafoods to be used as a crab processing plant but remained idle and was sold in 1984 to become an exhibition ship and was renamed EXPEX.
    Xanadu Cruises bought her back in 1985 but she did not re-entered service.
    In 1991 she was sold to Friend Ships to become a mercy ship but once more nothing came out, except that she was renamed FAITHFUL.

Her last renaming occured in 2003, becoming the XANADU 2, with a plan to become a floating hospital.
    Here she is with the insignia of Polar Star

Pacific Star.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 13-04-2009 στις 06:56

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Xanadu

Aris and Nicholas there is a good four page in-depth review of this ships career by Peter Knego on his Vintage Passenger Ship Chronicles section in www.maritimematters.com. Have a look it really is quite detailed with some splendid shots and if you have'nt seen this website before it has some very interesting articles on an incredible number of historic vessels. Have a look!
    Best regards Henry.

Σελίδα 2 από 15 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 123412 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία