Σελίδα 2 από 3 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 123 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 11 έως 20 από 25

Θέμα: Ηγουμενίτσα Εξπρές [Africa, City of Limassol, Hellenic Spirit, Mons Calpe]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Henry, Mons Calpe had a short but colourful few years in Greece. She was initially named CITY OF LIMASSOL (as shown in post be esperos) and operated in Greece-Cyprus-Haifa service for "Red Star Line".
    She was renamed IGOUMENITSA EXPRESS for Nausimar's Greece-Italy service in 1987.

Then myself and a.molos photographed her (posts 1 & 2) named HELLENIC SPIRIT in Piraeus in 1988. She does'nt seem to have travelled under this name but was sold again in 1988 to "Marine Faith" and renamed LILLY T. Her wherabouts under that name are not known but one thought is that she was scheduled to sail to Africa but did not sailed.

She was sold to Libya in 1991 and renamed AFRICA only to be gifted to Mozambique for internal services. Her end came in Maputo, where she capsized inside the harbour in December 1997.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Mons Calpe history

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Henry, Mons Calpe had a short but colourful few years in Greece. She was initially named CITY OF LIMASSOL (as shown in post be esperos) and operated in Greece-Cyprus-Haifa service for "Red Star Line".
    She was renamed IGOUMENITSA EXPRESS for Nausimar's Greece-Italy service in 1987.

Then myself and a.molos photographed her (posts 1 & 2) named HELLENIC SPIRIT in Piraeus in 1988. She does'nt seem to have travelled under this name but was sold again in 1988 to "Marine Faith" and renamed LILLY T. Her wherabouts under that name are not known but one thought is that she was scheduled to sail to Africa but did not sailed.

She was sold to Libya in 1991 and renamed AFRICA only to be gifted to Mozambique for internal services. Her end came in Maputo, where she capsized inside the harbour in December 1997.
    Aris thanks for the very interesting info on her later life. Much appreciated. Best regards Henry.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Και 2 φωτο από την εποχή που τριγύριζε στα στενά του Γιβραλτάρ ως MONS CALPE.

Dedicated to Henry, of course!

Mons%20Calpe-01.jpg

Mons%20Calpe-02.jpg
    πηγή: photoship.co.uk

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Mons Calpe

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Και 2 φωτο από την εποχή που τριγύριζε στα στενά του Γιβραλτάρ ως MONS CALPE.

Dedicated to Henry, of course!

Mons%20Calpe-01.jpg

Mons%20Calpe-02.jpg
    πηγή: photoship.co.uk
    Aris, thank you very much for these two great pictures.
    All the best, Henry.

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή Συμβάν το 1986 Μέρος 1ο

Καλοκαίρι του 1986 και οι εφημερίδες της εποχής γεμίζουν με πρωτοσέλιδα του επεισοδίου στο οποίο ενεπλάκη το City of Limassol.

Συγκεκριμένα το City of Limassol κατά τη διάρκεια της κρουαζιέρας του στα Δωδεκάνησα έπεσε μέσα σε περιοχή όπου το Τουρκικό Ναυτικό διεξήγαγε ασκήσεις. Έπεσαν κανονιοβολισμοί, παρολίγο εμβολισμός κλπ.

Διαβάστε τα σχετικά από την εφημερίδα "Τα Νέα", της 1ης και 2ας Ιουλίου 1986:

1986 07 01 Τα Νέα σελ 1a.jpg
    1986 07 01 Τα Νέα σελ 1b.jpg

1986 07 01 Τα Νέα σελ 12.jpg

6. 19-01-2010, 14:09

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή Συμβάν το 1986 Μέρος 2ο

Και η φωτογραφία του πλοίου:

1986 07 02 Τα Νέα σελ 12.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή City of Limassol

George, these articles and pictures are really interesting (if only I could read Greek !) since they are about a ship which I grew up with when she was the Mons Calpe and served for many years on the Gibraltar/Tangier route.
    From what little I can gather I take it she had a few exciting moments when she served in the Eastern Med!

Thanks for posting this, Henry.

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    George, these articles and pictures are really interesting (if only I could read Greek !) since they are about a ship which I grew up with when she was the Mons Calpe and served for many years on the Gibraltar/Tangier route.
    From what little I can gather I take it she had a few exciting moments when she served in the Eastern Med!

Thanks for posting this, Henry.
    Henry

I do apologize for not being able to also present the documents in other than the language in which they are written.
    Most of them are stored as pdf files however the text cannot be selected for an attempt to translate automatically.

Just to give you a hint of the incident, the ship while cruising near the island of Kastellorizo in the southern extremities of Greece, passed near an area on which the Turkish navy was conducting maneuvers.

During the passage, the Turks, obviously not in fond of a ship with a Cypriot flag, violated the majority of the laws governing such encounters.

Remember, this happened in the eighties, when the relationships between Greece and Turkey where almost at the verge of a military conflict.

Περιοχή
    ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑΣ

Προεπιλογή

MONS CALPE.jpgMONS CALPE a.jpg
    Πηγή: shipspotting

Aς θυμηθούμε αυτό το βαποράκι με το σύντομο πέρασμα από τα νερά μας.

Σελίδα 2 από 3 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 123 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας