Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 71 έως 80 από 83

Θέμα: La Palma [Ferdinand de Lesseps, Delphi, La Perla]

Προεπιλογή

Ειναι το ΜΙΝΩΣ φιλε Ellinis
    Πανεμορφες εικονες!!!

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Here are two images taken from a 1975 Strand Cruises brochure (Mediterranean) and a 1975/76 Sovereign Cruises brochure where she operated Caribbean cruises! The aerial shot from the first brochure is quite unusual.

scan0001.jpgscan0002.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Thank you for this interesting material Henry. I was under the impression that she was laid up at that period. Did she actually made those cruises? I did'nt even knew that Sovereign had a Caribbean schedule.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Thank you for this interesting material Henry. I was under the impression that she was laid up at that period. Did she actually made those cruises? I did'nt even knew that Sovereign had a Caribbean schedule.
    Looking at the cover of the brochure Aris its actually an 'American' Sovereign Holidays (not the European one that chartered the Queen Frederica and Varna) since it has in brackets beside the name formerly Strand Holidays so it is definitely the same company as Strand Cruises who used her for several seasons both in the Med and the Caribbean. what I don't know is if the Caribbean cruises actually operated. They were supposed to be between December 75 and April 76 and were 14 day rotations from Montego Bay doing Caribbean islands and South America with connecting flights from New York.

I wonder whether this had anything to do with the following winter 76/77 of Royal Princess Line's 'Hellenic Sun' which supposedly also used the Delphi on similar 14 day cruises from Montego Bay. In fact was it you who sent me those copies of the brochure pages otherwise I can scan them for you? It might have been the same operation under a different name....Interesting!

Henry.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Intersting indeed Henry. I remember the involvement of Royal Princess Line in chartering ROMANZA but right now I don't recall a HELLENIC SUN brochure. I found the following advertisement that appeared briefly in October 1976 in the Palm Beach Post.

hellenic sun.jpg

Post Hellenic Sun

Hi Henry,
    I seem to remember that Royal Princess Line had connections to Strand through Liberty Travel/Go-Go back in the seventies. It was all so tangled. In any event DELPHI never sailed as HELLENIC SUN for any company as I think the financial difficulties of Efthymiadis intervened and within a year DELPHI was sold to become LA PERLA, then LA PALMA.
    -Steve

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από steveship1 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Hi Henry,
    I seem to remember that Royal Princess Line had connections to Strand through Liberty Travel/Go-Go back in the seventies. It was all so tangled. In any event DELPHI never sailed as HELLENIC SUN for any company as I think the financial difficulties of Efthymiadis intervened and within a year DELPHI was sold to become LA PERLA, then LA PALMA.
    -Steve
    Hi there Steve good to hear from you. Am sure it was you who sent me that scan of Royal Princess Lines Hellenic Sun which I was telling Aris about above.....thanks for reminding me as I spent time this afternoon looking for your email but couldn't find it as it was some time back. (Check on the Odysseus thread as have uploaded a recent postcard which I obtained on ebay)
    best Henry.

Προεπιλογή

Το ΔΕΛΦΟΙ σε μια ασπρομαυρη φωτογραφια

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/499313993

Προεπιλογή

La Palma σλαιντ στο ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-slide-of-I...UAAOSwt5hYi4vF

Περιοχή
    ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑΣ

Προεπιλογή ΔΕΛΦΟΙ

DELPHI c.jpgDELPHI f.jpgDELPHI g.jpgDELPHI h.jpg
    Σελίδα fb Efthymiadis Lines