Σελίδα 4 από 23 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 2345614 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 31 έως 40 από 224

Θέμα: Aτμοπλοΐα Αιγαίου Αφών Τυπάλδου [Typaldos Lines]

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Dear Nicholas I too am a great fan of Typaldos Lines and have collected a good selection of their brochures, memorabilia etc. over the years. On the subject of the these interesting Princess sisters that were bought by Typaldos hope you find the attached cards (which am sure you have) of the Aegeon and Kriti interesting. I also have quite a few others of the various ships in the fleet but not all of course. I will try and post some of these plus some original pictures I obtained in due course. Best regards Henry.Συνημμένο Αρχείο 29115
    Henry

These are exceptional! I had never seen the first one; I do have the second

Best

Nicholas/Nikos

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

I also never saw the first one before! Thank you for uploading these magnifiecent shots.

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

yes great thanks

Προεπιλογή Typaldos' Princesses

I am glad the there is still some interest in Typaldos Lines...

This Sunday morning I am reading again a 1959 book entitled Pacific Coastal Liners by Gordon Newell and John Williamson (Bonanza Books, New York, 1959) that I bought used on E-bay about ten years ago [If you do not know E-bay, www.ebay.com, you should]

PCL.jpg

The book is absolutely fascinating... On pages 136 and 137 it has 10 pre-1940 photographs of all the Princesses.... On page 136, the black smoke-producing black Angelika is described as
    Princess Adelaide came from Glasgow in 1910, was sold in 1949
    On the same page, the even more black smoke-producing Mediterranean is described as
    Princess Charlotte (who) came from English yard in 1908 as running mate for Victoria, is still in service in Europe.
    Of course, the book was published in 1959, that's why this statement.

On page 137 it is stated about Aegaeon that
    Princess Alice, steel passenger and freight liner. was built at Newcastle in 1911, and sold in 1949.
    Then on page 141 there is this absolutely glorious picture of again Aegaeon as Princess Alice with the impressive British Columbia mountains behind it... And on page 191 another one with the whole ship, soooooo long... Of course the black smoke is there!

The book has numerous pictures of the other Canadian Pacific Princesses that were built in the late 1920s and 190s and joined Typaldos the same time or later.

PCL2.jpg

So, I was thinking this morning what long trips poor Angelika and Aegaeon had made and how! From England to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria on the NW coast of the American continent, then to the Aegaen... How many miles is this? I mean, i cannot imagine our Angelika doing a transatlantic trip!

In addition, th eregular routes of the Princesses were: Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver with extensions to Port Angeles http://www.portangeles.org/ and Nanaimo http://www.vancouverisland.com/Regions/towns/?townID=58
    Some of hem may have gone also to Prince Rupert, B.C., and the Alaskan ports of Ketchikan, Wrangel, Juneau 9the capital) and Skagway.

I just checked this morning and the book is available in http://www.oceanliners.us/catalog/item/333011/79765.htm
    http://www.high-lonesomebooks.com/cg...hlb/16333.html

But best of all, if you are an Ebay member, there are four copies there including Item No 1302853306661 for $5 plus shipping
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pacific-Coastal-...3A1%7C294%3A50
    and Item No 220307991365 for $9.99 plus shipping

I find this book fascinating! If our Administrator Ellinis believes I will not violate copyrights (published 50 years ago this year) then I do not mind scanning a few of the pictures.

NAP

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Pacific Coastal Liners

Nicholas, many thanks for this extrensive info. It certainly is a gem of a book and will look it up on ebay. Thanks again Henry.

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

here a any pictures and postcards of my collection

hellas.jpgtyp.jpg

Περιοχή
    Ραφήνα

Προεπιλογή Εxcellent postcards

Excellent postcards, britanis.
    Thank you very much.

Unbelievable pictures of the past.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Typaldos brochures and postcards

Here are my two oldest brochures of Typaldos 1955/56 (as old as me!) plus some postcards from my collection. The Mediterranean brochure has an incredible detailed deck plan which opens out but is far too big to scan. Enjoy.......Henry.

scan0023.jpg

scan0024.jpg

scan0025.jpg
    I will have to scan the brochures again sorry!

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Typaldos brochures

Think its ok this time. Cheers Henry.
    scan0026.jpg

scan0027.jpg

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

;-)) thanks

Σελίδα 4 από 23 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 2345614 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές