Σελίδα 21 από 23 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 111920212223 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 201 έως 210 από 224

Θέμα: Aτμοπλοΐα Αιγαίου Αφών Τυπάλδου [Typaldos Lines]

Περιοχή
    ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑΣ

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από BEN BRUCE Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

ΕΛΛΑΣ και ΡΟΔΟΣ (πισω απο το ΕΛΛΑΣ φαινονται τα φουγαρα του ΑΘΗΝΑΙ)

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 145933

Απο το ΡΙΤ μαρτιου 1987 ,ενα περιοδικο αγωνιστικου αυτοκινητου
    Από τότε που ήταν καθισμένα δίπλα στην Χαλυβουργική.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Και στη μέση μεταξύ τους το φορτηγό του Κόκοτα που παραμένει εκεί και σήμερα.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Some pages from a 1965 Typaldos brochure featuring the full fleet for that year of Mediterranean cruising. Don't know why they insisted on using the Rodos caption for both the Rodos and Myconos. This also happened with their deck plans, must have been because they did'nt have up to date photos of the new Myconos when it came to printing brochures and deck plans. My favourite picture is that of the forward deck close up of the Rodos which gives a good idea of the smart foremast and funnel.

The Myconos also had a great lido space and large pool for her size!

Henry.

scan0004.jpg scan0005.jpg scan0006.jpg scan0007.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Some pages from a 1965 Typaldos brochure featuring the full fleet for that year of Mediterranean cruising. Don't know why they insisted on using the Rodos caption for both the Rodos and Myconos. This also happened with their deck plans, must have been because they did'nt have up to date photos of the new Myconos when it came to printing brochures and deck plans. My favourite picture is that of the forward deck close up of the Rodos which gives a good idea of the smart foremast and funnel.

The Myconos also had a great lido space and large pool for her size!

Henry.

scan0004.jpg scan0005.jpg scan0006.jpg scan0007.jpg
    Henry

Wonderful brochures. Memories from a poeriod that travel and cruises were a true pleasure. Now everything is "boxes" with cars and people wanting to go somewhere as fast as possible.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Very nice brochures Henry. In a rather typical manner they just flipped the Rodos image the other way and labelled it Mykonos.
    Here are two shots with RODOS and KRITI which from an esthetic point of view was a sad conversion.

rodos - kriti.jpg kriti.jpg
    source

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Very nice brochures Henry. In a rather typical manner they just flipped the Rodos image the other way and labelled it Mykonos.
    Here are two shots with RODOS and KRITI which from an esthetic point of view was a sad conversion.

rodos - kriti.jpg kriti.jpg
    source
    Thanks Aris for these great shots, nonetheless they were clever and interesting conversions and they certainly proved their worth in the 50's and 60's cruise markets as they were very successful in pioneering Mediterranean and Aegean island cruising at its best for those years, even though they must have polluted the sea and air to no end!

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

I agree, they were interesting as they were colourful and also each one was distinct.
    Notice in the first photo that Rodos has a fresh supply of fruits waiting on the pier to be taken onboard

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I agree, they were interesting as they were colourful and also each one was distinct.
    Notice in the first photo that Rodos has a fresh supply of fruits waiting on the pier to be taken onboard
    Something else I notice is that the ship ia moored stern-to and this is odd for a cruise ship i.e embarkation of passengers via the stern and all the tied ropes. As far as I know and have experienced, embarkation is always through the side doors or embarkation stairs that lead to the reception area.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Something else I notice is that the ship ia moored stern-to and this is odd for a cruise ship i.e embarkation of passengers via the stern and all the tied ropes. As far as I know and have experienced, embarkation is always through the side doors or embarkation stairs that lead to the reception area.
    Maybe this was the beginning of the season and they were storing up for a first cruise? but to be honest I don't think it was that unusual as have seen many photos of cruise ships berthed stern-to at Piraeus and other Greek island ports. Even in the 80's and 90's and especially in Rhodes many of the smaller Epirotiki and Sun Line ships used to berth stern to. It might have something to do with lack of space on a busy day when there were plenty of ships in port or even cost considerations....could berthing fees have been cheaper if ships took up less docking space...don't really know but maybe someone can throw some light on this.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Μια φωτογραφία του 1975 που δείχνει το τέλος της "αυτοκρατορίας" των Τυπάλδων... ΕΛΛΗ, ΚΥΠΡΟΣ και ΑΘΗΝΑΙ να σκουριάζουν δεμένα στην Κυνοσούρα.Το ΕΛΛΗ φαινεται να του έχει φάει το παραπέτο κάποια επαφή από άλλο παροπλισμένο.

elsi - kriti - athinai 1975 - p stafford.jpg
    Η φωτο είναι του P.Stafford

Σελίδα 21 από 23 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 111920212223 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία