Σελίδα 1 από 3 123 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 26

Θέμα: Regency Cruise Line

Περιοχή
    AROUND THE WORLD

Προεπιλογή Regency Cruise Line

Sto Parakato Link tha vrite orismena apo ta plia tis Regency Cruise Line .
    http://www.efoplistis.com/regency_cruise_line

Regency Cruises was formed in 1984 with Anastasios (Takis) Kyriakides as founder and chairman and William Schanz as president. William Schanz had previously been president of Paquet Cruises (the Regency livery was very similar to that of Paquet). The first ship was Regent Sea (a dreadful pun), previously the Gripsholm and Navarino of 1957. Regent Sea was chartered from Antonios (Tony) Lelakis. She entered service for Regency in November 1985, offering weekly cruises out of Montego Bay. The company was publicly listed, and expanded rapidly in the Caribbean and Alaska, using further tonnage chartered from Lelakis (although a percentage of Regent Star was owned by Regency). At its maximum, the fleet consisted of seven vessels, most of which had begun life as classic ocean liners. I have seen many posts on cruise forums praising Regency Cruises under their original management. Lelakis supplied a couple of substantial rebuilds, the RegentRainbow and Regent Jewel . The two container ships which were later taken by Costa and rebuilt as Costa Marina and Costa Allegra were also originally destined for Regency. Tony Lelakis took over Regency Cruises in the early 1990s, and took it back into private ownership. Cruise forum reports suggest that standards rapidly dropped at this point. The Lelakis group, of which Regency was only a small part, collapsed in 1995, taking Regency with it.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη seawolf : 29-09-2008 στις 08:43
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I know my enemies but not my Friends[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Περιοχή
    Παντα κοντα στην θαλασσα

Προεπιλογή

Μια εταιρεία που σηκώνει πολύ συζήτηση .Έκανα σε βαπόρια της ,για τέσσερα χρόνια , και έχω τις καλύτερες αναμνήσεις .Προς το παρών μια φώτο από σπίρτα με το σινιάλο της εταιρείας .
    IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από seawolf Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Regency Cruises was formed in 1984 with Anastasios (Takis) Kyriakides as founder and chairman and William Schanz as president.
    O Τάκης Κυριακίδης ήταν ο ίδιος που λίγο αργότερα ίδρυσε τη Venture Cruise Line που θά είχε το SEA VENTURE (πρώην ΤΑΫΓΕΤΟΣ).

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Το εξώφυλλο της μπροσούρα της σεζόν 1992-93 για τη Καραϊβική όπου τότε δραστηριοποιούνταν τρία πλοία της εταιρείας: REGENT SEA, REGENT STAR, και το REGENT SUN.

Μάλλον κανείς δεν θα μπορούσε να προβλέψει τότε οτι τρία χρόνια αργότερα η Regency θα είχε τερματίσει τη λειτουργία της.

regency brochure.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Από την ίδια μπροσούρα, ας δούμε τα δρομολόγια που έκαναν τότε τα πλοία της Regency. Στην όμορφη φωτο αριστερά διακρίνεται το REGENT STAR.

itinir1.jpg

itinir2.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Regency Cruises

Aris here are some pages and photos taken from some early Regency brochures from my collection. I suppose you could say they were like the 'Louis' equivalent across the Atlantic in the 80's and 90's ! as they ended up with a beautiful collection of classic ships. Pity that they came to such a disastrous end with the collapse of the Lelakis empire.

They had a very good reputation in the US and the ships were well run and offered real value for money in the American market for quite a number of years. Unfortunately I did'nt have the chance to cruise on them and experience one of these fine ships first hand.

Henry.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Regency Cruises

And some later brochures from the last few years of operation. I don't think they actually operated the 'Round the World' cruise as the company was folding when they published this brochure.

I have included a copy of the deck plan as its interesting to compare with her days as Navarino. There were hardly any changes in the layout except for renaming of some public spaces.

The stern aerial shot of Regent Sun is especially beautiful. She was a sleek liner and again changed little in outward appearance from her days as Zim's Shalom and later Royal Cruise Lines Royal Odyssey.

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Τhank you Henry for the interesting brochures. I believe that the round-of-South America cruise on the REGENT SEA is placing a bid dilema. Should one prefer the REGENT SEA over BRITANIS? At least back then there were real Ships to choose from...

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    And some later brochures from the last few years of operation. I don't think they actually operated the 'Round the World' cruise as the company was folding when they published this brochure.
    It would be very nice if you could upload the pages with the schedule of the round-the-world cruise, that never happened.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Τhank you Henry for the interesting brochures. I believe that the round-of-South America cruise on the REGENT SEA is placing a bid dilema. Should one prefer the REGENT SEA over BRITANIS? At least back then there were real Ships to choose from...

It would be very nice if you could upload the pages with the schedule of the round-the-world cruise, that never happened.
    Aris here is the cruise schedule for the Regent Sea round-the-world. Could have been an incredible voyage!

Henry.

scan0001.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Four full months on board the REGENT SEA! That would be a voyage of a lifetime... thanks Henry!

Here are a couple of pages from the 92/93 brochure, with the cabin plans of the three fleetmates. I would say that the outside cabins seem very nice, but the inside.. well it seems a bit crambed...
    Well with so much to explore and enjoy onboard, I would spend too much time in the cabin

cabins1.jpg

cabins2.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 3 123 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία