Σελίδα 1 από 7 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 65

Θέμα: K Lines-Hellenic Cruises (Ατμοπλοϊα Καβουνίδη)

Περιοχή
    Κεφαλλονιά

Προεπιλογή K Lines-Hellenic Cruises (Ατμοπλοϊα Καβουνίδη)

Τα δρομολόγια Αδριατικής και Αιγαίου του έτους 1963.

Παρατηρήστε μεταξύ των άλλων τη σύνδεση της Ιθάκης με την Ιταλία και της Βενετίας με τη Ρόδο.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Does anyone know which ship K Lines Hellenic Cruises used during 1971 called the Aegean Star as it is featured in their brochure that year but there are no pictures or photos of it and have always been curious to find out. It seemed to have been a small ship geared to the younger budget minded market and was advertised doing 3/4 day Greek Island cruises for that summer but did not appear again in their programme! Any photos or pictures of this ship would be much appreciated. Many thanks and best regards.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

In 1971, K Lines was operating four cruise ships: ATLANTIS, ORION, GALAXIAS and KENTAVROS. Several ferries were also sailing (PHILIPPOS, ESPEROS) or were laid up (EKATERINI, POLIKOS).

I think that the name Aegean Star, was a marketing name but I don´t know to which vessel it corresponded. My feeling -just feeling no information about it- is maybe they wanted to put one of the ferries in short budget cruises.

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Aegean Star 1971 K Lines Hellenic Cruises

Aris, many thanks for your scanning tips here goes am giving it a try!
    Am scanning the front cover of the brochure plus the page on Aegean Star but no pictures or photos as already mentioned. Let me know what you think.

k lines1.jpg

k lines2.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Aegean Star

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    In 1971, K Lines was operating four cruise ships: ATLANTIS, ORION, GALAXIAS and KENTAVROS. Several ferries were also sailing (PHILIPPOS, ESPEROS) or were laid up (EKATERINI, POLIKOS).

I think that the name Aegean Star, was a marketing name but I don´t know to which vessel it corresponded. My feeling -just feeling no information about it- is maybe they wanted to put one of the ferries in short budget cruises.
    Aris, have inserted the brochure copies on the K Lines thread under Historic Shipping companies. Maybe this vessel was featured in the brochure but never used. In any case I still think it could have been that Andros II/Galaxias which I mentioned earlier as she was chartered by Kavounides in the summer months and used for a winter ferry service out of Rafina. She was a small converted yacht I think (originally Marchioness of Graham)......interesting!

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

It is true that Andros II/Galaxias was chartered by Kavounidis in the sixties. At some point afterwards she was either sold or chartered to Delphi Cruises and renamed EL GRECO.
    The GALAXIAS/PRINCESSA AMOROSA was bought by Kavounidis in 1969, so the name "Galaxias" was apparently available at that time. This means that GALAXIAS/ANDROS II had already been disposed by then and it could'nt be the vessel mentioned as Aegean Star in the 1971 brochure.

Προεπιλογή

Wich kind of ship is the Aegean Star as I not remember a ship with this name for Kavounidis. Maybe is a chartered ship but never entered in service???
    Many thanks

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Aegean Star

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από starce Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Wich kind of ship is the Aegean Star as I not remember a ship with this name for Kavounidis. Maybe is a chartered ship but never entered in service???
    Many thanks
    Aris's informaton seems logical although maybe she was called Aegean Star precisely for this reason (they could'nt have two ships with the same name), but anyway I believe it could have been the Ekaterini because of her dimensions and also the cabin layouts as per the brochure above. In answer to your question Starce I really don't know what ship this is but the fact that they featured it in a brochure means that it did exist even though it might not have operated as you say....still it would be interesting to find out which ship it was exactly! Thanks and best regards

Προεπιλογή

Hi, Henry, I will ck again in order to find a ship under this name. If I have news I will advise promptly. Regards Raimondo

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

a great line

k_1000x1000_500KB.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 7 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •