Σελίδα 4 από 25 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 2345614 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 31 έως 40 από 244

Θέμα: Oλυμπία [Regal Empress, Caribe I, Olympia]

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από britanis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    to late
    she is sold to india
    Peter Knego's Web site reports this morning that Olympia was sold to shipbreakers in India for $3 million

So sad. No Greek response.

N
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 18-03-2009 στις 09:31

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή

Good evenning to all

Living in Greece and being aware of the various attempts to preserve elements from our recent history, not only ships, I am afraid that there was never a serious thought about maintaining Olympia.

We are all aware that the only part of history which may be of some importance to the general public and our authorities is the history that ended a few thousand years before. Even in such case the treatment is typical "Greek". Conditions that apply for Akrotiri apply also to many historically important locations around Greece, not to mention the icon of Greece with the continious blockage of Acropolis.

Also it must be noted that for the majority of those living in Greece, Olympia and the emigrant ships mean nothing. They have been important to those that have travelled with them, or their relatives.

Προεπιλογή

In the pages of nautilia.gr and also in the competing Greek Forum I have seen at least 4 comments about Olympia with aphorisms about the Greeks living abroad and how important it is/was for them to have the Olympia return to Greece. In fact, the worst comment came from a certain person who wrote that a Greek American congressman wanted to save the Olympia because ... his parents traveled with her to the USA...

First I do not consider myself an emigrant... I am saddened when the Greeks who live in Greece believe that they should be the ones to define what is worth saving and what is worth destroying from the patrimony that belongs to all Greeks and defines all Greeks.

I am sure that the same Greeks who have no idea what Olympia, Nea Hellas and Moraitis/Themistocles mean/mean for the Greek world and Greek maritime history have equally no idea who Maria Callas and Dimitri Mitropoulos were, what Caratheodory and Papanikolaou have contributed to the world.

So be it! Olympia is now gone and I am dropping this discussion.

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή

It seems that my comment over the non-significance of Olympia to the public opinion living in Greece triggered a bitter, although to my opinion unfair, reaction by our friend Nikolaos.

I am not aware of aphorisms related to Greeks living elsewhere, however I am the last person which is going to adopt any. I do respect feelings and opinions of others, irrespective of their nationality or residency nor do I feel that I/we have the only right to truth.

I just pointed out that apart of the fancy words by ex Government officials, not much is expected in regards to preservation of important elements of Greek history. Examples are so many and obvious all around Greece.

Regards

George

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Κύριοι, και οι δύο γράφεται το ίδιο πράγμα το οποίο είναι κοινό μυστικό.
    Οτι σήμερα στη χώρα μας δεν υπάρχει παιδεία. Ισως να ίσχυε και παλαιότερα αλλά σίγουρα έχει πάρει εκρηκτικές διαστάσεις. Το που οφείλεται αυτό ας μη το ψάξουμε εδώ. Το σίγουρο είναι πως δεν υπάρχει ενδιαφέρον για τη διάσωση της ιστορίας μιας και η συζήτηση για τη διάσωση του ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ δεν θα αποτελούσε την εξαίρεση.
    Εδώ το HELLAS LIBERTY που ήρθε χάρι στην ιδιωτική πρωτοβουλία, κατέληξε ήδη στην αφάνεια του Περάματος και ποιός ξέρει που θα πάει μετά...
    Στο κάτω κάτω πόσες ψήφους θα εφερνε το ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ; Αυτό δεν είναι το (τραγικό) κριτήριο με βάση το οποίο πέρνονται οι αποφάσεις τα τελευταία Χ χρόνια;

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Κύριοι, και οι δύο γράφεται το ίδιο πράγμα το οποίο είναι κοινό μυστικό.
    Οτι σήμερα στη χώρα μας δεν υπάρχει παιδεία. Ισως να ίσχυε και παλαιότερα αλλά σίγουρα έχει πάρει εκρηκτικές διαστάσεις. Το που οφείλεται αυτό ας μη το ψάξουμε εδώ. Το σίγουρο είναι πως δεν υπάρχει ενδιαφέρον για τη διάσωση της ιστορίας μιας και η συζήτηση για τη διάσωση του ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ δεν θα αποτελούσε την εξαίρεση.
    Εδώ το HELLAS LIBERTY που ήρθε χάρι στην ιδιωτική πρωτοβουλία, κατέληξε ήδη στην αφάνεια του Περάματος και ποιός ξέρει που θα πάει μετά...
    Στο κάτω κάτω πόσες ψήφους θα εφερνε το ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ; Αυτό δεν είναι το (τραγικό) κριτήριο με βάση το οποίο πέρνονται οι αποφάσεις τα τελευταία Χ χρόνια;

It is now morning here and more balanced thoughts are prevailing. I think you Ari, George and I do not disagree. By the way, I am shocked how little Olympia fetched... Just $3M. A Greek shipowner could have bought her just like that....

Προεπιλογή

Περηφανο και Αγερωχο λιγο πριν το τελευταιο του αποπλου στεκει στο Freeport το 56 χρονο πρωην ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ RegalEmpress.JPGπου αντικατασταθηκε απο το πρωην ακτοπλοικο της COLOR LINE με το ονομα BAHAMAS CELEBRATION BahamasCelebration.JPG
    ...απίστευτος ο κόσμος κι ο χαρακτήρας μας...

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από AegeanIslands Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Περηφανο και Αγερωχο λιγο πριν το τελευταιο του αποπλου στεκει στο Freeport το 56 χρονο πρωην ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑ
    Kαι πίσω του φαίνεται το άλλοτε ΚΑΣΤΑΛΙΑ, ένα υπέροχο Ελληνικό σκαρί.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Kαι πίσω του φαίνεται το άλλοτε ΚΑΣΤΑΛΙΑ, ένα υπέροχο Ελληνικό σκαρί.
    Which one? The one with CR on is funnel?

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

the big one picture 2 is the new cruiser

Σελίδα 4 από 25 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 2345614 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία