Σελίδα 4 από 9 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 23456 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 31 έως 40 από 87

Θέμα: ΠΑΛΙΕΣ ΑΝΑΚΟΙΝΩΣΕΙΣ ΔΡΟΜΟΛΟΓΙΩΝ

Προεπιλογή

More from the Diary of Skokos (Imerologion tou Skokou) of 1887. Here we have the schedules for the Amvrakikos run of the same Shipping Line...
    Shipping Lines 1887c.jpg

And the Epirus and Albania run.

Shipping Lines 1887d.jpg

Προεπιλογή

More from the Diary of Skokos (Imerologion tou Skokou) of 1887. Here we have the schedules for the Lavrion line of the same Shipping Line as well as various ticket prices ...
    Shipping Lines 1887e.jpgShipping Lines 1887f.jpgShipping Lines 1887g.jpg

Προεπιλογή

More from the Diary of Skokos (Imerologion tou Skokou) of 1887. Here we have the schedules of Panellenion Lines

Shipping Lines 1887h.jpgShipping Lines 1887i.jpg

Προεπιλογή

More from the Diary of Skokos (Imerologion tou Skokou) of 1887. Here we have the schedules of Goudes Lines

Shipping Lines 1887j.jpgShipping Lines 1887k.jpgShipping Lines 1887l.jpg

Προεπιλογή Shipping Lines in 1864!

From the National Diary of Vrettos (E0nikon Imerologion tou Vrettou) of 1864.

An ad of a Greek agency Papayannis Brothers offering shipping connection between England (Liverpool) and the Eastern Mediterranean... The ships have distinctly Greek names

Liverpool.jpg

Προεπιλογή Lloyd-Austriaco 1865

From the National Diary of Vrettos (E0nikon Imerologion tou Vrettou) of 1865.

An ad of a Austrian Lines Lloyd-Austriaco serving Piraeus, Constantinople and other ports

Lloyd.jpg

Προεπιλογή Messageries 1865

From the National Diary of Vrettos (E0nikon Imerologion tou Vrettou) of 1865.

An ad of the French Messageries Lines
    Messageries 1865.jpg

Περιοχή
    Κεφαλλονιά

Προεπιλογή

Καταπληκτική δουλειά Νικόλα!!! :shock:

Προεπιλογή A comparison with the roads and trains of that period...

Why did passengers have to take boats to go around Peloponnesos or to Amvrakikos in the end of the 19th century? Several friends have asked me...

The answer is of course that there were no roads for reasonable transportation...

I upload below a photograph of Iera Odos around 1912. This is taken a few meters after the monastery of Daphni, when the road turns right and goes down to Skaramanga... The conditions of the road so close to Athens indicate the lack of any good, passable road in Greece 100 years ago...

Iear Odos 1912.jpg

My father (who was born in Eleusis in 1903) was always telling me of the conditions of such roads in the first decade of the 1900s. He recalled a horse-driven service from Eleusis to Athens that took 5 hours to arrive to Koumoundourou Square in Athens... In fact, he remembered that in the 1900s and 1910s, the main means of transportation "to the capital" was a regularly scheduled passenger boat that was going from Eleusis to Piraeus, often with stops in Salamis and Perama!

The picture above reminds me of other statements by my father (who passed away in 1983). Since Eleusis had only primary school (Demotikon) at that time, he and several other Eleusinian boys would go every day to Mandra for Scholarheion... Leader among them Orestes Laskos (the great bohemian Greek poet and later film director), the brother of our Greek hero Vassilis Laskos who died as the captain of the submarine Lambros Katsonis outside of Skiathos in 1943. After school, they would start walking back to Eleusis (Orestes ahead of all) only to be attacked by the Mandraioi boys using stones from the road... And around today's Ano Eleusis there would wait the older Vassilis Laskos with his Eleusiniotiki parea, who would start throwing stones at the Mandraioi, while shouting in Arvanitika very descriptive choice curses and other words like Ai sihtir... Well, seeing the road above, I can understand what he was talking about...

I am also attaching the schedule of the SPAP trains in 1889, as published in Asty**, vol 5, issue 214. Note that from Piraeus to Patras it would take 9 1/2 hours

Asty 5, 214 (1889).jpg

[**: Asty was the Sunday magazine published by Babis Anninos (1852-1934) in Athens from 1885-1890. It was a very popular satirical magazine in the style of Soures' publications. After 1890 it became a popular daily, with Themistocles Anninos as editor and his brother, Georgios Drosinis, Georgios Soures and others as regular contributors

Προεπιλογή Thank you

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Appia_1978 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Καταπληκτική δουλειά Νικόλα!!!
    Thank you Appia and thank you to all, especially ellinis, roi_baudoin, britanis, esperos, voyager, henry, paroskayak, mastrokostas and all the others who have responded to my rather strange and eclectic articles... It has been a pleasure to share these with you. My log book says that I joined just 5 weeks ago, on January 21, 2009.... and I am already at 380 messages... I need to be careful... I assume you are all preparing for Ka0ara Deutera... Regrettably, nothing like this here in the States... But the kids and I will fly our kites this weekend (Monday is a regular work day here). Thanks again... NAP

Σελίδα 4 από 9 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 23456 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας