Σελίδα 3 από 6 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 12345 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 21 έως 30 από 54

Θέμα: Aμερικανίς [Kenya Castle, Amerikanis]

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή Μόνον με 8.217 ΔΡΧ

Όπως φαίνεται από τις διαφημίσεις της εποχής πράγματι έκανε κάποια ταξίδια υπερατλαντικά.

Και αν αυτές δεν φτάνουν, ένα ακόμη πιο ισχυρό πειστήριο, γεννητούρια εν πλω:

1968 07 17 Τα Νέα σελ 6.jpg 1968 09 12 Τα Νέα σελ 9.jpg

1968 10 04 Τα Νέα σελ 4.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Με την βοήθεια των καλών φίλων λύθηκε και αυτό. Συνεπώς η μνήμη μου δεν έχει ρετάρει ακόμα.....καλό τεστ αυτό. Στην φωτογραφία που ανέβασε ο ¶ρης τα πλωριά κρένια είναι σε θέση μάχης που μπορεί να πει ότι φορτώνει/ξεφορτώνει εμπορεύματα από/προς Ν. Υόρκη.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 21-07-2010 στις 11:35

Προεπιλογή

Ωραιοτατη φωτογραφια του ΑΜΕΡΙΚΑΝΙΣ

Amerikanis.jpg

Συλλογη μου. Δεν θυμαμαι την αρχικη προελευση
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 23-07-2010 στις 17:21

Προεπιλογή

Διακοπες στην Ελλαδα με το Αμερικανις
    http://mam.avarchive.gr/portal/digit...727&thid=10796

Περιγραφή
    Τίτλος Ελληνικά Επίκαιρα 196914

Περίληψη
    Ταινία επικαίρων με ειδήσεις της περιόδου 27/3/1969 – 4/4/1969

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Amerikanis

Dear friends here are some photos which I took while on a cruise in the Amerikanis in 1990 from Barbados. The first photo she is docked at St. Maarten and the second shows her lovely wooden promenade in all its glory. The varnished woods, teak decks and brass windows are superb. They certainly don't make them like this any more. This was a proper open promenade deck designed for warm weather cruising not the boat decks or enclosed spaces they use now! The Ellinis, Britanis and Victoria (partially) also had these fantastic spaces where you could sit in a proper wooden deck chair and read a book while watching the everchanging sea......that was pure traditional cruising as it was meant to be, not the mountain climbing, ice skating, spa crazy and booming music that characterises so many cruises today.

The last two photos of some of her elegant public rooms I took when she was cruising in Europe a few years later shortly before her cruising career ended. The dark, rich colours of Chandris' unique interior decor and 70's/80's art deco touches were unmistakeable....just look at those ceiling lighting fixtures in the bars. Nowadays they try and imitate this style in modern surroundings but its not quite the same!

I have an extensive collection of Amerikanis brochures and deck plans throughout her Chandris career so if you would like anything uploaded please let me know.

Best regards, Henry.

scan0624.jpg

scan0623.jpg

scan0625.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Amerikanis

Here are some pages taken from a 1971 brochure which capture the traditional liner atmosphere which the Amerikanis had. Obviously in common with many other Chandris ships she had been a real ocean liner with Union Castle Line and this was reflected in her later cruising career with Chandris which gave her a very unique atmosphere.

She was a truly elegant ship and appealed greatly to the American market in her early years with Chandris.

Henry.

scan0626.jpg

scan0627.jpg

scan0628.jpg

scan0629.jpg

scan0630.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Dear friends here are some photos which I took while on a cruise in the Amerikanis in 1990 from Barbados. The first photo she is docked at St. Maarten and the second shows her lovely wooden promenade in all its glory. The varnished woods, teak decks and brass windows are superb. They certainly don't make them like this any more. This was a proper open promenade deck designed for warm weather cruising not the boat decks or enclosed spaces they use now! The Ellinis, Britanis and Victoria (partially) also had these fantastic spaces where you could sit in a proper wooden deck chair and read a book while watching the everchanging sea......that was pure traditional cruising as it was meant to be, not the mountain climbing, ice skating, spa crazy and booming music that characterises so many cruises today.

The last two photos of some of her elegant public rooms I took when she was cruising in Europe a few years later shortly before her cruising career ended. The dark, rich colours of Chandris' unique interior decor and 70's/80's art deco touches were unmistakeable....just look at those ceiling lighting fixtures in the bars. Nowadays they try and imitate this style in modern surroundings but its not quite the same!

I have an extensive collection of Amerikanis brochures and deck plans throughout her Chandris career so if you would like anything uploaded please let me know.

Best regards, Henry.

scan0624.jpg

scan0623.jpg

scan0625.jpg
    What can I say Henry? Simply incredible photos!!! Thanks for sharing!

Nicholas

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

The varnished woods, teak decks and brass windows are superb. They certainly don't make them like this any more. This was a proper open promenade deck designed for warm weather cruising not the boat decks or enclosed spaces they use now! The Ellinis, Britanis and Victoria (partially) also had these fantastic spaces where you could sit in a proper wooden deck chair and read a book while watching the everchanging sea......that was pure traditional cruising as it was meant to be, not the mountain climbing, ice skating, spa crazy and booming music that characterises so many cruises today.
    Those words and photos really give an idea of what cruising in a classic liner was used to be...
    Henry, do you think there is a cruise ship afloat that comes close to such an atmosphere?
    My mind goes to the small LOFOTEN that runs during the winter in the Norwegian fjords and all the way to the North Cape, but I think that recently they are not booking cruises with her...

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Amerikanis

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Those words and photos really give an idea of what cruising in a classic liner was used to be...
    Henry, do you think there is a cruise ship afloat that comes close to such an atmosphere?
    My mind goes to the small LOFOTEN that runs during the winter in the Norwegian fjords and all the way to the North Cape, but I think that recently they are not booking cruises with her...
    Aris, the only one I can think of is Classic Interantional's Funchal which although smaller has a semi open promenade deck and her interior public rooms retain much woodwork and classical furniture and fittings. She is also Solas 2010 compliant together with all the other vessels of CIC. I have visited the Funchal on several occasions and she has a great atmosphere.

There is one other ship that comes to mind the Hebridean Princess which is very small and operates round Britain cruises (she is used by Queen Elizabeth and the British Royal family for their holidyas now that they don't have the Britannia). She is more of a floating museum and has an old world country house feel from what i have seen.

Henry.

Προεπιλογή

There is one other ship that comes to mind the Hebridean Princess which is very small and operates round Britain cruises (she is used by Queen Elizabeth and the British Royal family for their holidyas now that they don't have the Britannia). She is more of a floating museum and has an old world country house feel from what i have seen.

Henry.
    Oh, the much admired and incredible Columba, now 46 years old! Indeed today's Hebridean Princess is an exceptional ship. I have seen had the opportunity to visit her for a tour in 2003 and she was lovely... But so different than eny cruise ship I have seen.... Almost country British decor

Σελίδα 3 από 6 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 12345 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας