Σελίδα 1 από 6 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 51

Θέμα: Αιγεύς [Κεφαλονιά - Kefalonia, Aegeus, Oslo]

Προεπιλογή Αιγεύς [Κεφαλονιά - Kefalonia, Aegeus, Oslo]

The Aegeus was one of the heroic ships of the early post-war era. She was built in Oslo (Nylands Verksted) in 1929 and served the Oslo-Bergen line under the name Oslo. She was a small but pretty vessel of 881 tons.

She was sold to Epirotiki of George Potamianos in June 1958 and was already in service in Greece in August 1958. I remember her in Patras in the early 1960s, a small ship with a very nice Nordic profile. Her trips were mostly in the Ionian Sea, although I am sure she served Sporades and Lemnos some time in the 1960s.

She was renamed Kefallinia in 1965. In 1966 she was laid up at Ambelakia with plans to have her refitted as a tourist cruiseship. Fire broke out on May 15, 1966 and she capsized and sank. She was deemed a total loss and sold for scrap

PS: This is my first entry in nautilia.gr. It comes from distant Austin, Texas.
    Aegeus as Oslo.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 17-11-2009 στις 20:23

Περιοχή
    Κεφαλλονιά

Προεπιλογή

Very interesting!

Someone maybe a picture of her as Kefallinia?

Προεπιλογή

Wich is the Shipping Company of Kefallinia? Thanks

Προεπιλογή Potamianos Lines

Kefallinia was simply a new name for Aegeus while still in the Potamianos Lines.

I need to make a clarification that this Aegeus ("Egefs") is not related in any way to the more recent Aegeus... and Aegeus Express (featured already in the nautilia.gr pages).

My generation (I am in my 60s) remembers mostly the Potamianos Aegeus

Some more information: Aegeus may be the most northern ship of all the Greek passenger ships! In the summer of 1952 she was doing briefly the route Bergen-Trondheim-Bodo! Now, I know that some of the cruise ships of Chandris had gone as north as the Spitzbergen islands, but these were never "normal" passengers ships.

When one looks at Aegeus one cannot but think of Nikos Kavadias and his wonderful poem

Ο ΠΙΛΟΤΟΣ ΝΑΓΚΕΛ

Στον ποιητή Ν. Ράντο

Ο Νάγκελ Χάρμπορ, Νορβηγός πιλότος στο Κολόμπο,
    άμα έδινε κανονική πορεία στα καράβια
    που φεύγαν για τους άγνωστους και μακρινούς λιμένες,
    κατέβαινε στη βάρκα του βαρύς, συλλογισμένος,
    με τα χοντρά τα χέρια του στο στήθος σταυρωμένα,
    καπνίζοντας ένα παλιό χωμάτινο τσιμπούκι,
    και σε μια γλώσσα βορινή σιγά μονολογώντας
    έφευγε μόλις χάνονταν ολότελα τα πλοία.

Ο Νάγκελ Χάρμπορ, πλοίαρχος σε φορτηγά καράβια,
    αφού τον κόσμο γύρισεν ολόκληρο, μια μέρα
    κουράστηκε κι απόμεινε πιλότος στο Κολόμπο.
    Μα πάντα συλλογίζονταν τη μακρινή του χώρα
    και τα νησιά που 'ναι γεμάτα θρύλους, τα Λοφούτεν.
    Όμως μια μέρα επέθανε στην πιλοτίνα μέσα
    ξάφνου σαν ξεπροβόδισεν το Steamer Tank "Fjord Folden"
    όπου έφευγε καπνίζοντας για τα νησιά Λοφούτεν...
    ησιά Λοφ

But Kavadias was such a special poet! And Aegeus such a special ship...

5. 26-01-2009, 22:17

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

To ΑΙΓΕΥΣ (ίσως και ως ΚΕΦΑΛΛΗΝΙΑ) πλαγιοδετημένο στο λιμάνι του Πειραιά.
    Μπροστά του ένα συμπαθέστατο ρυμουλκό βγαλμένο από το χρονοντούλαπο της ιστορίας και στο βάθος το Queen Anna Maria.

aegeus-tug.jpg
    Πηγή: έντυπο του ΟΛΠ

Περιοχή
    Ραφήνα

Προεπιλογή

Απόψε συμβαίνουν μαγικά πράγματα.
    Θέλω και εγώ με τη σειρά μου να καλωσορίσω θερμά τον εξαιρετικό καραβολάτρη Nichola Peppa και να τον ευχαριστήσω για την τιμή που μας κάνει να συμμετάσχει στο forum.

Είναι μεγάλη χαρά να διαβάζουμε όλα αυτά τα όμορφα πράγματα για ένα πλοίο που υπήρξε πρωτοποριακό για την εποχή του.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Roi Baudoin : 27-01-2009 στις 17:46

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Το ΑΙΓΕΥΣ ήταν ενα από τα αρκετά καράβια που κάηκαν γύρω από τον Πειραιά κατά την επισκευή τους. Και δεν ήταν λίγα... ΣΟΦΟΚΛΗΣ ΒΕΝΙΖΕΛΟΣ, ΕΡΜΗΣ (το παλιό), ΑΔΩΝΙΣ, ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ, ΘΕΟΣΚΕΠΑΣΤΗ, ΜΕΛΟΝΤΙ, ΠΑΛΛΑΣ ΑΘΗΝΑ, ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ (πρ.ΚΑΡΑΪΣΚΑΚΗΣ), RASA SAYANG, REINA DEL MAR, ΑΙΓΑΙΟΝ και ίσως μου ξεφεύγουν και άλλα.

Από όλα αυτά μόνο ο ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ κατάφερε να επισκευαστεί. Όλα τα άλλα ή βυθίστηκαν ή πήγαν για σκραπ ή έμειναν να διακοσμούν τα αβαθή της Αταλάντης και της Κυνόσουρας.

Προεπιλογή Aegeus [Oslo]

Here is one more now photograph from Oslo (later Aegeus) in Bergen, Norway in 1935. Of course, she is the one on the right.

By the way, the ship on the left is the tugboat Vulcanus.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Aegeus may be the most northern ship of all the Greek passenger ships! In the summer of 1952 she was doing briefly the route Bergen-Trondheim-Bodo!
    Have you consindered the Hermes (ex-Jupiter), also of Epirotiki? I think she was based in Bergen too, but I am not aware of her itinaries.

Προεπιλογή Hermes [Jupiter]

You are absolutely right.

Hermes (built in 1915, 2,625 tons) was the first of three vessels with such a name. She was with Epirotiki from 1955 to 1960. Before that she was Jupiter and was based in Bergen, Norway. She was doing the route England-Bergen. Nice ship (see attached). But I had not mentioned her before because I do not believe she was doing normal passenger routes in Greece. In fact, http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/lines/bergen.htm presents her as a cruise ship

What happened to her after 1960?

NB: I am preparing a short story on Norwegian ships that were bought by Greek passenger lines. I will post it later tonight (I am in Austin, TX, -8 hours with Athens; that's why most of my messages are posted as you ladies and gentlemen wake up...
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Σελίδα 1 από 6 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία