Σελίδα 3 από 16 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 1234513 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 21 έως 30 από 157

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτογραφίες του λιμανιού της Πάτρας [History of Patras]

Περιοχή
    Ραφήνα

Προεπιλογή Ο Μώλος του Αγίου Νιολάου

Πολύ όμορφη φωτογραφία μιας άλλης εποχής.
    Ευχαριστούμε πολύ.
    Από τα πιο όμορφα σημεία και της σημερινής Πάτρας.

Και κάποιο άγνωστο πλοίο στα δεξιά της φωτογραφίας που πιστεύω κάποιο να το αναγνωρίσει.

Προεπιλογή

Upon request by a good friend of this site, I am uploading today several postcards of Patras from my collection.

First one from 1910.

Patras 1910.jpg

Προεπιλογή Patras between 1955 and 1980

During the period 1955 to 1980, Patras had a major expansion. The harbor became bigger and the connections with Italy were numerous and with ships of 5,000 to 12,000 tons, although earlier ships were as small as 1,200 tons! The city extended much northern than Psila Alonia. And Panahaiki made it to the First Division with the legendary Davourlis in charge.

But the Majestic hotel continued to define the city, the Karnavalos was a main event along with its famous sokolatopolemos, Aghios Andreas continued to be constructed (!) and Aghiou Nikolaou was where "you had to be seen" in the evenings. Nautikos Omilos Patron had a make-shift water polo area in the summer where the team was playing, usually in the Second Division, but from time to time in the first Division where their fights with Ethnikos and Olympiakos were legendary... And it was in these same sea waters, in front of the port, where Zaharopoulos practiced and broke the Greek swimming records in the early 1950s. His breakstroke was unbeatable and took him to several European meetings. And in Greece, his battles with the Zisimos brothers of AOPF and the Kasidokostas brothers of Panathinaikos were heroic and are still remembered by those who are now ... in their 70s...

Here a nice postcard from 1958. The freighter shown is a Dutch Boehmer ship. The buses in the front right were doing the lines to Mintilogli, Kato Achaia, Halandritsa and the mountainous SE Achaia

Patras 1958.jpg

Then a 1963 postcard with a yacht on the left and the imposing building of the Majestic hotel just passed the wharf on the right. At that time, the Majestic was the best hotel in town.

Patras 1963.jpg

Finally, a more recent postcard from 1976. Don't you think that color can be offensive some times?

Patras 1976.JPG

Enjoy!

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα

Προεπιλογή

Amazing photos, thanks Nicholas!!! I like so much looking at the the past of the city I live!!

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Trakman Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Amazing photos, thanks Nicholas!!! I like so much looking at the the past of the city I live!!
    And more to come soon... My mother lived in Patras from 1915 to 1938. My grand father was a chemist at Achaia Klaus and had taken the whole family to Patras. And I went back to Patras as a summer intern (chemical engineer) in 1969 and 1970, working at BESO, which does not exist any more... So there are so many pictures....

One more from the 1900-1910 period

Patras early2.jpg

Our leaders do not want lithographies, but this special German one from 1890 will be a wonderful addition. And it does include ships at the harbor!

Patras 1890.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 13-01-2018 στις 17:16

Προεπιλογή Patras in the early 20th century

We apologize to the administrators that not all these postcards are from the harbor, but they do establish the character of the city!

Patras Ag Nikolaou.jpgPatras Maizonos.jpg

Patras Plateia Georgiou.jpgPatras 1910.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Very interesting information from Patras
    Source: http://2gym-patras.ach.sch.gr/Patras'port.htm

Ποιο πλοίο συνέδεε την Πάτρα με τον Πειραιά, την Κέρκυρα και το Πρίντιζι της Ιταλίας από το 1900 μέχρι το 1929.

Κατά το τέλος της δεκαετίας του 20 υπήρχε μια σύνδεση με υδροπλάνο Πρίντεζι-Πάτρα. Αργότερα πήγαινε το «Μυκάλη» στο Πριντεζι ακολουθώντας τη γραμμή Πάτρα-Σάμη-Ιθάκη-Κέρκυρα-Αγ.Σαράντα-Πριντεζι. Το «Μυκάλη Τόγια» ιδιοκτησίας του πατρός Ιγγλέση έκανε την ίδια διαδρομή μέχρι το ʼ40.
    Κατά την επιστροφή του από κάποιο δρομολόγιο καρφώθηκε πάνω στις πέτρες απέναντι (Αιτωλοακαρνανία) και έμεινε εκεί γιατί δεν υπήρχαν τα μέσα να το βγάλουν.
    A picture of Mykali can be found in Tzamtzis' insert about the Greek Shipping Lines 1830-1940 in the Efoplistis (1997)

Περιοχή
    Athens-Patras-Mytikas

Προεπιλογή

Κατ' εμένα, σημαντικής ιστορικής αξίας το υλικό του κυρίου Πέππα και συγκινητικό το γεγονός ότι πολλά από τα κτίρια που απεικονίζονται διατηρούνται εως σήμερα για να θυμίζουν το μεγαλείο της άλλοτε αρχοντικής Πάτρας.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από .voyager Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Κατ' εμένα, σημαντικής ιστορικής αξίας το υλικό του κυρίου Πέππα και συγκινητικό το γεγονός ότι πολλά από τα κτίρια που απεικονίζονται διατηρούνται εως σήμερα για να θυμίζουν το μεγαλείο της άλλοτε αρχοντικής Πάτρας.
    Thank you kindly. I do not know if I mentioned that in the summers of 1969 and 1970 I was working as a summer intern (undergraduate student in chemical engineering at EMP) at the company BESO, just a bit west of Aghios Andreas. I was helping mostly in the winery of the company. At that time I had the opportunity to meet some of the old industrialists of Patras, the Antonopoulos family of Achaia Claus and others. I was truly impressed then with the civic pride of the Patras people, with their ability to protect the city patrimony. Some of the efforts to protect the old building had already started then, 40+ years ago.

Περιοχή
    Athens-Patras-Mytikas

Προεπιλογή

Unfortunately, most of those new-classical buildings were later replaced by unaesthetic blocks of flats...
    Let me inform you (in case you are not aware) that, nowadays, ΒΕΣΟ is replaced by Veso mare, a multiplex center of entertainment (including cinemas, cafes and shops), preserving parts of the old company's building.
    The good fact is that, during the last 10 years, I've seen lots of the remaining buildinds being renovated and repaired, especially in the area around the port, either by the municipality and the ministry of culture or by multinational companies, as part of their investments (for example, the Inditex Group).
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη .voyager : 27-02-2009 στις 00:47

Σελίδα 3 από 16 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 1234513 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία