Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 120

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτογραφίες της Ρόδου [Historic photos of Rhodes]

Hybrid View

Προηγούμενο μήνυμα Προηγούμενο μήνυμα   Επόμενο Μήνυμα Επόμενο Μήνυμα

Προεπιλογή Ιστορικές φωτο της Ρόδου [Historic photos of Rhodes]

View of the port and city of Rhodes in 1919

Published in the September 1919 issue of the Greek-American monthly magazine Atlantis of New York city. This was an article on the Rhodes and its Ancient Glamour (page 29).

Rhodes 1919.jpg

Προεπιλογή

I am uploading this evening some wonderful postcards and pictures of Rodos, most of them from the years immediately after the Union with Greece.

First, here is a postcard of the Hotel of Roses from 1953
    Rhodes Hotel of Roses 1953.jpg

And one from 1954
    Rhodes 1954.jpg

Another view of the inner port in 1949
    Rhodes 1949.jpg

This one looks like a composite of several of the previous ones, plus numerous others.

In the late 1980s I had spent a few weeks in Naples/Napoli as a visiting professor at the University of Naples. After the end of my stay there, I took the train to Rome/Florence/Bologna/Parma. I was in one of the older trains with a semiprivate room for six. I had just accommodated myself when a group of five older Italian men and women joined me. There were in their seventies but rather talkative. They saw me reading the International Herald Tribune and they started speaking about "questo Americano". After a while I interrupted them and told them that I spoke Italian very well and I understood what they were saying .... They smiled rather embarassingly, asked me from where I was and - when I said I was from Greece - they started a nice discussion about all the colonies of the Mare nostrum.... Funny discussion...

We talked (they were mostly reminiscing) about Zara, Ragusa (today's Dubrovnik), Cattaro (today's Kotor), Fiume and every town of importance in Istria including of course Capodistria.... Naturally, we ended up in Rhodes... And then one of the ladies started lamenting " A, Rodi, che bella citta italiana..."... " Ma signora" I replied " Rodi non e italiana, e una citta greca". "Ma no signore, Rodi era una miraviglia italiana coi palazzi, le piazze..." and she broke into a long cry ...

I do not know why whenever I see such older pictures and postcards of Rodos I am thinking of that old lady in the Neapolitan train ... of all the old ladies from all over Europe that never absorbed or accepted the major changes that War World II brought...

Rhodes 1950s 2.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Νίκο, πολύ γλαφυρή η ιστορία του τραίνου... νομίζω πως στη δεύτερη φωτο της τρίτης σειράς φαίνεται ένα καραβάκι με άσχημο τέλος. Μήπως μπορείς να ανεβάσεις τη συγκεκριμένη σε μεγαλύτερη ανάλυση;

--------

Tη συνέχεια για το εικονιζόμενο ΔΩΔΕΚΑΝΗΣΟΣ, τη μετέφερα εδώ.

Προεπιλογή

The lighthouse of Rhodes from an Italian postcard of the 1920s
    Rhodes lighthouse.jpeg

A very old postcard of Rhodes.

Early Rhodes.jpg

Wonderful postcard of Rhodes. It says that it is before the union with Greece but I doubt it.

Rhodes Italian postcard.jpg

And here are my last two Rhodes and Lindos photos from the 1950s...

Rhodes Government Palace 1956.jpg

Rhodes, Lindos.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Rhodes in all its glory in 1963. The photograph is from the second volume of Leonidas Kouvaris' Nea Eikonografimeni Geografia Atlas tis Ellados (New Illustrated Geography and Atlas of Greece, Syropouloi bros and Koumandareas, publishers, Panepistimiou 44, Athens)
    Rodos 1963.jpg

A photograph of Rhodes from 1962

The picture is from Nea Eikonografimeni Geografia Atlas tis Ellados by Leonidas Kouvaris (Syropouloi & Koumandareas publishers, Athens, 1964)

Rhodes.jpg

I see a small ship on the upper right side, behind the caique. Is this Panormitis?

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Απόσο μπορώ να ξεχωρίσω δεν μου θυμίζει το σουλούπι του Πανορμίτη

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I see a small ship on the upper right side, behind the caique. Is this Panormitis?
    Niko, the small ship you see is Eptanissos.

Προεπιλογή

Ελληνικα επικαιρα 8ης Ιουνιου 1972. Μικρη παρουσιαση της μοντερνας Ροδου, μολις προ 38 ετων

Εθνικό Οπτικοακουστικό Αρχείο
    http://mam.avarchive.gr/portal/digit...376&thid=10232

Προεπιλογή

Ροδος το 1979 με σκηνες που περιλαμβανουν μερικα γνωστα μας πλοια.... Απριλιος 1979!

Εθνικό Οπτικοακουστικό Αρχείο
    http://mam.avarchive.gr/portal/digit...715&thid=13107

38.jpg39.jpg
    40.jpg46.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Δυο φωτογραφίες τραβηγμένες από το Μανδράκι τη δεκαετία του '30.

Στην πρώτη βλέπουμε το βρετανικό κρουαζιερόπλοιο MONTE ROSA. Είχε ναυπηγηθεί το 1927 για να κάνει τη γραμμή Βρετανία-Νοτιος Αμερική για τη Blue Star Line αλλά το 1929 μετασκευάστηκε σε κρουαζιερόπλοιο αποκτώντας περισσότερους κοινόχρηστους χώρους. Το τέλος του ήταν τραγικό μιας και βυθίστηκε το 1940 από γερμανικό υποβρύχιο ενώ μετέφερε αιχμαλώτους πολέμου με αποτέλεσμα 865 άνθρωποι να χαθούν. Περισσότερα μπορείτε να διαβάσετε εδώ.
    arandora star.jpg

Στη δεύτερη βλέπουμε ένα από τα αδελφά της κλάσης Monte της γερμανικής Hamburg-Sud America. Τα αδελφά που επίσης έκαναν τη γραμμή της Νοτίου Αμερικής ήταν τα MONTE ROSA,MONTE SARMIENTO,MONTE OLIVIA,MONTE PASCOAL, αλλά το πιό πιθανό είναι να βλέπουμε εδώ το MONTE ROSA μιας και είχε κάνει αρκετές κρουαζιέρες στη Μεσόγειο. Και αυτό είχε άσχημο τέλος.. βυθίστηκε μετά από πυρκαγιά το 1954 και ενώ χρησίμευε ως βρετανικό οπλιταγωγό με το όνομα EMPIRE WINDRUSH.
    monte.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία