Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
Στην πρώτη φωτογραφία που ανέβασε ο Νίκος, τα δύο πλοία που είναι πιο κοντά πρέπει να είναι θωρηκτά, μάλιστα όχι Ελληνικά.

Στην τελευταία το μαύρο σκάφος πρέπει να είναι κάποιο μεγάλο επιβατηγό. Δεν ξέρω αν μπορείς Νίκο να κάνεις μια μεγένθυση του πλοίου μήπως και το αναγνωρίσουμε.
You are absolutely right Ari. In that particular issue, Atlantis, a Greek-American magazine, was very concerned about what was going on in Thessaloniki. You will remember no doubt that in 1917 we had two governments, one in Athens and the other with Venizelos in Thessaloniki. The French and the Entente had even established an embargo (apokleismos) of Piraeus. So, the ships we see here are of the French navy. Here is a site wheer you can find all the French ships that time http://www.naval-history.net/WW1NavyFrench.htm I am sorry but I do not have time to do it today.

My scan of this is the best I can do. After 100 years (I bought all these issues at Monastiraki in the 1970s) the pages are not in great conditions.

As for the last postcard, I will try to give it a better scan and we will see what we can recognize

Nikos