Σελίδα 1 από 10 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 92

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτο της διώρυγας της Κορίνθου [Historic photos of Corinth Canal]

Προεπιλογή

There are of course numerous postcards of the Canal of Corinth always with a ship or boat passing through it. Here are some chronologically

Canal of Corinth3.jpg

Canal of Corinth2.jpg
    1923?

Some more postcards of the Canal of Corinth always with a ship or boat passing through it.
    Canal of Corinth4.jpg

Canal of Corinth 5.jpg
    1960?

Προεπιλογή

To all my new friends at nautilia.gr

I was able to download this picture/postcard from a site in the Italian Google and I was mesmerized. It shows the most primitive Greek ferry ever and I must admit I was not aware who had anything like this in our history!

First look at the picture (that's the best I could do with the downloading)
    Passage of Canal.jpg

I checked the history of the Canal of Corinth and I found out the following.

At the isthmus of Greece, dividing the Gulf of Corinth from the Saronic Gulf, ships were sometimes dragged across it in ancient times at Diolkos. In 1893 a ship canal was opened. The canal was begun in 1881 by a French company, which ceased operations in 1889, a Greek company completing the undertaking. The canal is about 70 ft. broad, nearly 4 miles long, and 26 ft. deep. About 1 m. from its western end it is crossed by the iron bridge of the Athens and Corinth railway. Traces of the Isthmian wall may still be seen parallel to the canal; it was constructed, at an unknown date, for the fortification of the Isthmus. Just to the S. of it, and about a m. from the sea are the remains of the Isthmian precinct of Poseidon and its stadium, where the Isthmian games were celebrated. This precinct served also as a fortress. Within it have been found traces of the temple of Poseidon and other buildings.

Clearly, the north side is rather rough and difficult to cross. But on the south side, one can imagine a passage between Kalamaki and Isthmia or even better, very close to the southern entrance of the canal

Corinth.jpg

I think that's what's happening here. This is definitely a post-1893 picture but I wonder if (i) the big bridge had not opened yet and the farmers were obliged to use this primitive ferry; or (ii) the bridge was up there but it was too cumbersome for farmers to pass through the bridge several kilometers away.

Does anybody have any idea? I am looking especially for a Web site that describes the history of this ferry...

And below I have added a nice recent photo of the Canal looking towards Isthmia

Corinth Isthmus.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Mor epictures of ships in the Canal of Corinth
    Corinth canal.jpgCorinth Canal 5.jpg

Canal of Corinth in the 1950s. is this Miaoulis?
    Corinth Canal 7.jpg

Canal of Corinth in 1931
    Canal Corinth 1931.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Canal of Corinth in the 1950s. is this Miaoulis?
    Corinth Canal 7.jpg
    O Mιαούλης δεν είναι αλλά για Ιταλικής ναυπήγησης πλοίο μου φαίνεται, μάλλων της Adriatica

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    O Mιαούλης δεν είναι αλλά για Ιταλικής ναυπήγησης πλοίο μου φαίνεται, μάλλων της Adriatica
    Grazie molto Ari! Don't you have Ash Monday over there (Ka0ara Deutera?)

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Ναι, ευκαιρεία για λίγο χρόνο με την οικογένεια αλλά και για να βρούμε το ευατό μας ;-)

Προεπιλογή

One more ship passing through

Corinth.jpg

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή ¶γνωστο πλοίο στον Ισθμό

Νωρίτερα ανέβασα την παρακάτω φωτογραφία σε λάθος θέμα και μετά την ευγενική υπόδειξη του φίλου nicholas τη μεταφέρω εδώ.
    Είναι από φωτοκάρτα εποχής όπου φαίνεται η τσιμινιέρα πλοίου που διασχίζει τον Ισθμό.

Αναγνωρίζει μήπως κανείς ποιο θα μπορούσε να είναι:

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 48475
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη gtogias : 05-10-2010 στις 08:54

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Tα σινιάλα ανήκουν σε πλοίο του Εμπειρίκου. Αν θα έπρεπε να "ποντάρω" σε κάποιο θα διάλεγα το ΠΑΤΡΙΣ ΙΙ, αλλά δεν είμαι σίγουρος.

Προεπιλογή

Μοιαζει να είναι το ίδιο πλοίο με αυτό στο 3ο ποστ (α/μ φωτο σε δυο δοαφορετικες εκδοσεις), αν αυτο βοηθάει στην αναγνώριση..

Σελίδα 1 από 10 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας