Σελίδα 2 από 11 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 1234 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 11 έως 20 από 108

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτογραφίες της Μυτιλήνης [Historic photos of Mytilene]

moutsokwstas Guest

Προεπιλογή

ακομα μια φωτο του λιμανιου της μυτιληνης χρονολογιας 1890 παρακαλω http://www.flickr.com/photos/8725928@N02/3094176420/

moutsokwstas Guest

Προεπιλογή λιμανι μυτιληνης

1.jpg
    φωτογραφια του λιμανιου της μυτιληνης, να υποθεσω χρονολικα τοποθετηση περι τα μεσα 19ου αιωνα-αρχες 20ου αιωνα. απο το περιοδικο θαλασσινη αυρα-ανοιξη 2008, το οποιο βρισκοταν στα κατα τοπους πρακτορεια της ναυτιλιακης εταιριας λεσβου.

Προεπιλογή Ιστορικές φωτο της Μυτιλήνης [Historic photos of Mytilene]

View of the port of Mytilene in 1925

Published in the September 1925 issue of the Greek-American monthly magazine Atlantis of New York city. This was an article on Summer in the Greek Islands (page 7).

Dare I ask if anyone recognizes this ship?

Mytilene 1925.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Nice picture of Mytilene 50 years ago

It is taken from the Tourist Guide for Greece (Touristikos Odigos gia tin Ellada), Volume 2, published by the Organismos Touristikon Ekdoseon, Athens, Greece, 1962.

This wonderful two-volume edition was the first true Tourist Guide in Greek. Before 1961, the only widely available Tourist Guides were the German Baedeker and the French Guide bleu, both exceptional for foreign tourists who delved into the Greek history and archaeology but very poor in information about travel, hotels, restaurants, etc. G. Varelas, the publisher and editor of this Greek Guide, started publishing it in a unique (for that time and for Greece) method. Every week, one could go to the kiosks (periptera) and buy a 16-page section of the guide... After about a year of collecting, these were returned to the publisher at Kolokotroni 11 and a wonderful red volume was received... They were bound in hard form with a wonderful plastic cover and the distinct black and white doves designed by N. Vakirtzis. I recall our excitement as we were receiving the new additions every week... The Guide had also something quite unique at that time. Very detailed maps of the islands or various hard-to-visit places (such as Eurytania, mountainous Naupaktia or mountainous Kastoria). Frankly, we learned more history and geography from this Guide than from the required Gymnasium and Lyceum books! And one last unique characteristic of the Guide was that it was written by more than 300 contributors (including the present writer). It was a true work of love...

Mytilene 1959.jpg

Here are two postcards from Mytilene in the 1910s, probably around 1913

Mytilene 1910s.jpg
    Mytilene panorama 1910s.jpg

And another wonderful panorama from Mytilene in 1917
    Aghios Therapon can be seen very well in the front right

Mytilene 1917.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 28-01-2018 στις 17:10

Προεπιλογή

And one more postcard from Mytilene of the 1930s. I did a magnification of the ship in my computer and it is definitely the Nikolaos Togias
    Mytilene 11.jpg

And one more postcard from the 1930s
    Mytilene 10.jpg

I think this postcard is from the 1930s
    Mytilene 9.jpg

A nice, quiet Mytilene 33 years ago. Does the small boat in the front have any significance?

Mytilene 1976.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 28-01-2018 στις 17:09

moutsokwstas Guest

Προεπιλογή

τι μου θυμισες τωρα, βλεπωντας το ονομα του φωτογραφου...πολυ ομορφες φωτογραφιες ολες ανεξαιρετως, αν και θα ξεχωρισω αυτη της επανω σκαλας, ας οψονται τα αρχαια και η αρχαιολογικη υπηρεσια.

moutsokwstas Guest

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    A nice, quiet Mytilene 33 years ago. Does the small boat in the front have any significance?

Mytilene 1976.jpg
    βλεποντας τη φωτο διαπιστωνω οτι το παρκαρισμα επιτρεποταν εκατερωθεν της προκυμαιας εν αντιθεση με σημερα. το land rover εχει σταματησει για γραψιμο? αν γνωριζει καποιος να μου πει, βλεπω τα αυτοκινητα παρκαρισμενα εκατερωθεν με μονη φορα, αποκλειεται η προκυμαια να ειχε μονοδρομηθει? παντως το πλοιαριο δεν ειναι το ερεσσος.

Περιοχή
    At Sea

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

Mytilene 1976.jpg
    I think that this vessel was the first "ERESSOS" witch was arrested in Turkey for unknown reasons

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Apostolos Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I think that this vessel was the first "ERESSOS" witch was arrested in Turkey for unknown reasons
    Thank you very much. Tell me a bit more about her. What runs was she doing?
    I am not familiar with her

Περιοχή
    At Sea

Προεπιλογή

Daily trips during summertime from Mytilene to Aivali. After her arrest they built the newer Erressos II

Also im attaching a photo of Erressos II together with another lost old friend the "Lesvos". Missing only the bow
    Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Apostolos : 13-02-2009 στις 14:32

Σελίδα 2 από 11 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 1234 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία