Προεπιλογή Ouranoupolis

M/V Konstantinos at Ouranoupolis closed to the byzantine
    tower. She was probably doing an Athos cruise tour with
    women's and children's onboard not allowed to visit the
    monks peninsula "metapodia". The legal distance was
    minimum 500 m if I remember well.

I was there three times, 30 years ago, when the sea was
    more calm than today with only with some few "varques"
    to go easier from one costal monastery to an other.

[email protected]

M:V Konstantinos Ouranoupolis.JPG

Athos_grenze_frangokastro_01.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Gallos952 : 23-04-2014 στις 14:24

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Gallos952 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    M/V Konstantinos at Ouranoupolis closed to the byzantine
    tower. She was probably doing an Athos cruise tour with
    women's and children's onboard not allowed to visit the
    monks peninsula. The legal distance was 500 m if I remem-
    ber well.

I was there three times, 30 years ago, when the sea was
    more calm than today with only with some few "varques"
    to go easier from one costal monastery to an other.

[email protected]

M:V Konstantinos Ouranoupolis.JPG

Athos_grenze_frangokastro_01.jpg
    No such boats when I visited in the summer 1969. Few boats from Ouranoupolis to Daphne or from Ierissos/Nea Roda to Agia Laura.
    The boats were small, like the one level (somewhat protected) boats going from Piraeus to Paloukia. No ferries, no tourist boats, nothing. There were no scandals although from time to time one would hear of an incident where some European tourists would get a yacht and sail down the west coast up to Kausokalyvia to tempt the hermits that were living there...

Προεπιλογή Athos Cruises

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    No such boats when I visited in the summer 1969. Few boats from Ouranoupolis to Daphne or from Ierissos/Nea Roda to Agia Laura.
    The boats were small, like the one level (somewhat protected) boats going from Piraeus to Paloukia. No ferries, no tourist boats, nothing. There were no scandals although from time to time one would hear of an incident where some European tourists would get a yacht and sail down the west coast up to Kausokalyvia to tempt the hermits that were living there...
    Times are changing Nicolas, Athos is now an attraction for tourists like a human zoo or a bouzoukia tavern in Plaka.
    Look at this full silly pirate style turkish made kaiki running around the peninsula. There are many of them all around
    Greece in every beach of Kos, Rhodes, Samos with loudspeakers to broadcast music for young's.
    Remember the small old-timer daily boat for Dafne on the third picture. Only 20 men was allowed to come everyday
    in the past. The "Diamonitirion" was valid only four days for foreign visitors like me.
    Kind regards.

[email protected]

http://sithoniagreece.com/sithonia/o...-ormos-travel/

http://www.monastiriaka.gr/info_deta...=1&language=en

menia-maria-athos.jpg Athos Ferry Rossikon.jpg Athos Shuttle Dafne.png
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Gallos952 : 23-04-2014 στις 15:14

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Gallos952 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Times are changing Nicolas, Athos is now an attraction for tourists like a human zoo or a bouzoukia tavern in Plaka.
    Look at this full silly pirate style turkish made kaiki running around the peninsula. There are many of them all around
    Greece in every beach of Kos, Rhodes, Samos with loudspeakers to broadcast music for young's.
    Remember the small old-timer daily boat for Dafne on the third picture. Only 20 men was allowed to come everyday
    in the past. The "Diamonitirion" was valid only four days for foreign visitors like me.
    Kind regards.

[email protected]

http://sithoniagreece.com/sithonia/o...-ormos-travel/

Athos Shuttle Dafne.png
    Yes, things have changed.. But it is almost 45 years... But why do things have to become "touristy" everywhere at the expense of every tradition, of the Greek patrimony? Yes, you are right, the photo above reminds me of an old boat (but not as white as this one), And in my case, the "Diamonitirion" allowed me to stay 20 days although not more than 3 in the same monastery. I will never forget Theofilou, Koutloumousiou and Vatopediou. And we were all dreading Simonos Petras which had just become a fiercely conservative monastery...
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 23-04-2014 στις 16:11

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Yes, things have changed.. But it is almost 45 years... By why do things have to become "touristy" everywhere at the expense of every tradition, of the Greek patrimony? Yes, you are right, the photo above reminds me of an old boat (but not as white as this one), And in my case, the "Diamonitirion" allowed me to stay 20 days although not more than 3 in the same monastery. I will never forget Theofilou, Koutloumousiou and Vatopediou. And we were all dreading Simonos Petras which had just become a fiercely conservative monastery...
    The most conservative but fun at my period was ESPHIGMENOU with the black flag floating at the top.
    Monks was protesting agains the meeting of the Patriarch of Constantinople and the Pope of Rome.
    Except that, it was a very active and attractive place. They was more anarchist than reactionaries.

The young Arkontaris of SIMONOS PETRAS was literary a saint when i stay there several times. For me
    the worth places was VATOPEDIOU where five monks was only managing wood business and AG. PAVLOS
    with old fashion antipathetic monks. MEGISTI LAVRA's Archontaris was also a great man at that period,
    beginning of the '80s.

The biggest problem was the new roads for
    big 4X4 belonging to the richer monasteries. All the small pilgrims
    tracks was cut and it was very difficult to walk like before. It's worthier today for sure.
    [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Μια φωτογραφία ενός πλοιαρίου με μοναχούς στο Άγιο Όρος. Η Ρωσική Μονή Αγ.Παντελεήμονα είχε πριν εκατό περίπου χρόνια στην κατοχή ένας ρυμουλκό 43 κοχ, το ΑΓΙΟΣ ΠΑΝΤΕΛΕΗΜΩΝ, το οποίο πουλήθηκε το 1924 και κατέβηκε στον Πειραιά μετονομαζόμενο σε ΔΕΣΠΟΙΝΑ. Δεν είναι απίθανο να είναι το εικονιζόμενο, μπορεί όμως και όχι.

agio oros.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Πανέμορφη - συλλεκτική καρτ ποστάλ από το Άγιο Όρος και την μονή Παντελεήμωνος. Πιθανότατα από την δεκαετία '80, μιας και διακρίνουμε δεμένη στην μικρή προβλήτα το ΑΡΓΟΝΑΥΤΗΣ (πρωτύτερα στην γραμμή της Ερέτριας και μετέπειτα μέχρι σήμερα ως ΓΕΩΡΓΙΑ Μ στην Ύδρα).

Από την προσωπική μου συλλογή.

Postcard.jpg

Σελίδα 2 από 2 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 12

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία