Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 31

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτο της Σύμης [Historic photos of Symi]

Προεπιλογή Ιστορικές φωτο της Σύμης [Historic photos of Symi]

Here is a 1961 photograph of Symi. It is taken from the Tourist Guide for Greece (Touristikos Odigos gia tin Ellada), Volume 2, published in by the Organismos Touristikon Ekdoseon, Athens, Greece, 1962.

This wonderful two-volume edition was the first true Tourist Guide in Greek. Before 1961, the only widely available Tourist Guides were the German Baedeker and the French Guide bleu, both exceptional for foreign tourists who delved into the Greek history and archaeology but very poor in information about travel, hotels, restaurants, etc. G. Varelas, the publisher and editor of this Greek Guide, started publishing it in a unique (for that time and for Greece) method. Every week, one could go to the kiosks (periptera) and buy a 16-page section of the guide... After about a year of collecting, these were returned to the publisher at Kolokotroni 11 and a wonderful red volume was received... They were bound in hard form with a wonderful plastic cover and the distinct black and white doves designed by N. Vakirtzis. I recall our excitement as we were receiving the new additions every week... The Guide had also something quite unique at that time. Very detailed maps of the islands or various hard-to-visit places (such as Eurytania, mountainous Naupaktia or mountainous Kastoria). Frankly, we learned more history and geography from this Guide than from the required Gymnasium and Lyceum books! And one last unique characteristic of the Guide was that it was written by more than 300 contributors (including the present writer). It was a true work of love...

Symi 1961.jpg

Προεπιλογή Symi port

This picture is from Greece '82, a multicolor publication for tourist agents published by the National Tourist Organization of Greece (EOT).

I would love to know if Afroditi was used for commercial runs. Behind her you can see Panormitis. But which one is the other small boat to the right (the one with the blue stack)?

Symi 1981.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Professor Dimitris Bartsekas of MIT, a distinguished Greek electrical engineer, and his wife Joanna have taken some wonderful pictures of Symi. They are of stunning beauty and since Dr Bartsekas allows full downloading, I have decided to post some of them here for the pleasure of our group. I hope our administrators do not mind they are more recent... In the first picture the obvious question is which ship we have...

Symi 1 2005.jpg

Symi 2 2005.jpg

Symi 4 2005.jpg

Symi 7 2005.jpg

Symi 8 2005.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 31-03-2017 στις 19:30

Προεπιλογή Symi in the late 1980s

Here is another photo of Symi
    Symi.JPG

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Στο πάνω μέρος της είναι το ΡΟΔΟΣ για το οποίο έψαχνα -και ακόμα ψάχνω- στοιχεία εδώ.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Στο πάνω μέρος της είναι το ΡΟΔΟΣ για το οποίο έψαχνα -και ακόμα ψάχνω- στοιχεία εδώ.
    Now I have a reason to try to help. I will check my files. But I knew well and I had traveled with her, so this ship is not the same as Saronis... You have to admit that Rodos has a very strange appearence (paraxeno souloupi). Here is Saronis
    Saronis.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 01-05-2009 στις 01:43

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Τα ΜΑΡΙΩ και ΣΑΡΩΝΙΣ κατέβηκαν στη Ρόδο ως ΡΟΔΟΣ Ι και ΙΙ αντίστοιχα. Αυτό το ΡΟΔΟΣ με το παράξενο σουλούπι πρέπει να ήταν ο προκάτοχος τους στη γραμμή Ρόδου-Σύμης.

Προεπιλογή

Symi in 1990. All new photos from my own private collection

Symi 1990.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Another photograph of Symi in 1990 or so from the 777 Wonderful Greek Islands book

Symi.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Με το ΚΟΛΟΣΣΟΣ στα δεξιά της φωτο και στη μέση πρέπει να είναι το ΕΞΠΡΕΣ.

Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας