Σελίδα 7 από 7 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 567
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 61 έως 64 από 64

Θέμα: Ελληνικά ναυτιλιακά βιβλία [Greek maritime books]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή Ανελκύοντας την Ιστορία

Μετά από πολλά χρόνια έρευνας κυκλοφόρησε αυτές τις ημέρες από τις εκδόσεις Κυριακίδη το βιβλίο "Ανελκύοντας την Ιστορία: H εποποιΐα της ανέλκυσης ναυαγίων στην μεταπολεμική Ελλάδα" που γράψαμε ο Κώστας Θωκταρίδης και εγώ.
    Το βιβλίο έρχεται να παρουσιάσει το έργο του Οργανισμού Ανελκύσεως Ναυαγίων καθώς και των αυτοδυτών που εργάστηκαν στις ανελκύσεις των ναυαγίων εστιάζοντας ειδικότερα σε αυτές τις μεταπολεμικής περιόδου.
    Μέσα από την εξιστόρηση των επιχειρήσεων ναυαγιαιρεσιών δίνονται στο κοινό και πληροφορίες για το τι απέγινε το κάθε ναυάγιο μετά τη βύθιση του. Αυτό είναι κάτι που δεν το κάλυπτε η υφιστάμενη βιβλιογραφία και μπορέσαμε να το ανακαλύψουμε χάρι στην ανέρευση του αρχείου του Ο.Α.Ν. καθώς και με πολυετή έρευνα στα Νηολόγια. Έτσι αποδείχθηκε οτι αρκετά πλοία που βυθίστηκαν κατά τον Β' Παγκόσμιο δεν διαλύθηκαν μεταπολεμικά αλλά είχαν δεύτερες ζωές!
    Στις 286 σελίδες του βιβλίου εμπεριέχονται 190 φωτογραφίες που στην συντριπτική τους πλειοψηφία παρουσιάζονται για πρώτη φορά. Πέρα των ιστορικών στοιχείων, προσωπικά στέκομαι ιδιαίτερα στις αφηγήσεις που δώσανε οι τελευταίοι εν ζωή αυτοδύτες οι οποίοι είχαν εργαστεί υπό εξαιρετικά αντίξοες συνθήκες σε αυτές τις ναυαγιαιρεσίες. Οι ιδίοι περιέγραψαν με γλαφυρό τρόπο τα όσα έζησαν εργαζόμενοι στο βυθό μέσα σε συχνά ανεστραμένα σκαριά και με τα πενιχρά μέσα της εποχής εκείνης.
    Εύχομαι όσοι το διαβάσουν να το βρούν χρήσιμο και ενδιαφέρον.

book high.jpg

16805359_10210516786528366_1327906398_o.jpg

book2 lower.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    G.3. A. T. Tzamtzis, The Greek Ocean Liners: 1907-1977, Miletos, Athens, undated

This is the classic reference for Greek Ocean Liners in Greece and abroad. It has been cited hundreds of times, praised even more, consulted abundantly... It is of course admirably that Tzamtzis collected all this information that appeared in this book for the first time about 20 years ago. Before this book, very few knew Moraitis and its importance, remembered Byron and Edison, or had any idea where King Alexander came from. As for Moreas, Asimina and Jenny, nobody had a clue. And Tzamtzis presents everything, right in front of our eyes with lots of information!

Then why is it that I am not jumping with joy when I grab this book? Why is it that I double check almost everything mentioned in the book now that the Internet has provided this exceptional luxury to check and double-check everything. Simply because there are some unfortunate editorial errors ...

Starting from a very minor thing first, there is no publishing date in this book, at least not in the Greek version that I have. Nowhere! Why?

And although the publication quality is very good, with printing on heavy paper, one other serious, unfortunate decision has been made! More than half of the ship photographs presented are "framed" in artificial, old-style, oval shaped borders. This is a bad decision as it takes away from the expanding nature and openness of the maritime pictures. This claustrophobic style of presentation does not allow the reader to appreciate the true magnitude of the ships. As if that were not enough, an unfortunate decision has been made to use the color sepia excessively.

I think these decisions show very poor editing, although I am wondering if there was another motive in selective this style of photography.. Throughout the book there is a sense that the author is editorializing. The various maritime companies and organizations are presented as careless, money-making conglomerates; they were not! Greek agents are presented as "users" of people, etc; they were not, they were just doing their jobs!

The most disappointing part of the book is the lack of care in proofreading and double checking the references... especially in the ships listing that starts on page 132. A minor complain is the "phonetic" translation of foreign names and words in Greek, often with poor intonation.

Be that as it may, this is the best Greek book on this subject and it will remain "the standard reference" for many years to come.

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 35541
    I would be really interested in purchasing this book, does it contain any information on Hellenic Mediterranean Lines?

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Riccardo Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I would be really interested in purchasing this book, does it contain any information on Hellenic Mediterranean Lines?
    Not much, this is dedicated on Ocean Liners and only includes CYRENIA and TASMANIA from HML. Some information on HML (little though as it covers the period up to 1940) is included in another book by Tzamtzis "Eλληνική Επιβατική Ακτοπλοΐα".
    If you are interested in HML keep an eye for the upcoming issue of FERRIES magazine, although in German.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 26-01-2022 στις 08:29

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Not much, this is dedicated on Ocean Liners and only includes CYRENIA and TASMANIA from HML. Some information on HML (little though as it covers the period up to 1940) is included in another book by Tzamtzis "Eλληνική Επιβατική Ακτοπλοΐα".
    If you are interested in HML keep an eye for the upcoming issue of FERRIES magazine, although in German.
    Thank you very much for your reply. Tasmania and Cyrenia are vessels with a very interesting story, so it is good to hear that the book includes them.

Σελίδα 7 από 7 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 567

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας