This interesting vessel which is little documented I hope is of interest for this new thread.

She was owned by Burns Laird and made the crossing between Glasgow and Belfast before being sold to Mediterranean Link Lines of Cyprus (not to be confused with the later Med Link Lines) for service in the Eastern Med.

She arrived at Piraeus on 1st May 1970 and started a fortnightly service between Marseille and Haifa, calling at Naples and Famagusta (eastwards) and Limassol, Piraeus and Genoa (westwards).

She was similar in appearance to Med Sun Lines Aphrodite and also came from the same pedigree of ex British ferries. Her funnel logo is interesting but not very clear and I have no other pictures of her.

She sank in 1973 at Beirut and was later broken up I believe so her service was short lived and as far as I am aware she did'nt do any cruises.
If anyone has any info, photos, brochures or pictures of her or her owning company I would be very interested!

There is some info and postcards of her as Royal Ulsterman in the Simplon website but I have found nothing on her during her Greek ownership.

Thanks and best regards, Henry. scan0049.jpg