Σελίδα 1 από 6 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 58

Θέμα: Ιστορικές φωτο από Γαύδο, Σφακιά & ΝΔ Κρήτη [Historic photos of Gavdos & SW Crete]

Προεπιλογή Ιστορικές φωτο από Γαύδο, Σφακιά & ΝΔ Κρήτη [Historic photos of Gavdos & SW Crete]

A photo of Hora Sfakion fron 1960, taken for the Encyclopedia of Greece of L. Kouvaris (Spyropouloi & Koumandareas Publishers, Athens, 1964) and another more recent (1988) of exactly the same spot! Compare and enjoy!

In 1960, when this picture was taken, Sfakia was down to 294 inhabitants! But in the last 50 years this region has been rejuvenated, to a major extent due to the domestic and foreign tourrism.

Sfakia.jpgSfakia2.jpg

Out in the sea, 20 miles south of Sfakia, one finds the forgotten Gavdos (written in Greek as Gaudos), I wrote my first article on Gavdos in 1961 for the first (1962) edition of the Touristikos Odigos gia tin Ellada (Organismos Touristikon Ekdoseon, Athens, 1962). On pages 335 and 336 (second edition, 1965) I noted connection with venzinoploia from Sfakia (20 miles) and Paliaohora (32 miles) but I did not record their names. At that time the island had 172 inhabitants. Three small villages were prominent then Ambelos, Kastri and Galana... In some of the old Venetian maps, Gaudos had been written as Gozzo and this led to all types of confusion (As you know, Gozzo is an island in Malta).

Things have changed since then... see the pictures below from the last ten years. Karavi on the east side is the main approach to the island. There are also connections to Aghia Roumeli and Rougia in addition to Hora Sfakion and Palaiohora. I would love to hear from someone as to the name of the little boat I show here

Gavdos map.jpgGavdos Karavi.jpg

Karavi 1.jpg

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα

Προεπιλογή

Φωτογραφίες από τα μέρη μου (εκεί κοντά, η Παλαιόχωρα!!!!)!! Σ'ευχαριστώ πολύ Νίκο!!! Το καραβάκι αυτό είναι το Σέλινο! Το καλύτερο καραβάκι που έχει έρθει κατά τη γνώμη μου στη ΝΔ Κρήτη!! Όλη η ΝΔ Κρήτη αξίζει μια επίσκεψη!! Για τα καραβάκια μπορείς να βρεις περισσότερες πληροφορίες εδώ!!

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Trakman Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Φωτογραφίες από τα μέρη μου (εκεί κοντά, η Παλαιόχωρα!!!!)!! Σ'ευχαριστώ πολύ Νίκο!!! Το καραβάκι αυτό είναι το Σέλινο! Το καλύτερο καραβάκι που έχει έρθει κατά τη γνώμη μου στη ΝΔ Κρήτη!! Όλη η ΝΔ Κρήτη αξίζει μια επίσκεψη!! Για τα καραβάκια μπορείς να βρεις περισσότερες πληροφορίες εδώ!!
    Thanks for the Website. Very impressive... You "youngsters" cannot imagine what was (not) going on in SW Crete 50 years ago. There was no maritime infrastructure! But the way, the ship you mention, might it be called Selinous?

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Thanks for the Website. Very impressive... You "youngsters" cannot imagine what was (not) going on in SW Crete 50 years ago. There was no maritime infrastructure! But the way, the ship you mention, might it be called Selinous?
    Το όνομά του φίλε Νίκο είναι Σέλινο!! Προέρχεται από την ομώνυμη επαρχία της ΝΔ Κρήτης, η οποία πήρε το όνομά της από το Κάστρο που βρίσκεται στην Παλαιοχώρα και το οποίο οι Βενετοί ονόμαζαν Castello-Selino!
    Αυτές τις μέρες λείπω από την Πάτρα, μόλις επιστρέψω ίσως ανεβάσω κι εγώ κάποιες φωτογραφίες από την Παλαιοχώρα, τη Φορτέτζα της (όπως λέμε σήμερα το Κάστρο) και τα καραβάκια για να δεις πως είναι σήμερα!

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Trakman Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Το όνομά του φίλε Νίκο είναι Σέλινο!! Προέρχεται από την ομώνυμη επαρχία της ΝΔ Κρήτης, η οποία πήρε το όνομά της από το Κάστρο που βρίσκεται στην Παλαιοχώρα και το οποίο οι Βενετοί ονόμαζαν Castello-Selino!
    Αυτές τις μέρες λείπω από την Πάτρα, μόλις επιστρέψω ίσως ανεβάσω κι εγώ κάποιες φωτογραφίες από την Παλαιοχώρα, τη Φορτέτζα της (όπως λέμε σήμερα το Κάστρο) και τα καραβάκια για να δεις πως είναι σήμερα!
    You are right. I forgot my geography... Eparhia Selinou, not Selinountos with Kandanos as capital.... And of course it is the castel of Selinon originally

Προεπιλογή Gavdos 1990

Gavdos in 1990

Gavdos.jpg

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Gavdos in 1990

Gavdos.jpg
    Πανέμορφη εικόνα, λογικά πρέπει να είναι το λιμανάκι του Καραβέ!! Πάνω αριστερά το εκκλησάκι του Αγίου Νεκταρίου!

Προεπιλογή

Arriving in Karave, Gavdos (2004)
    Gavdos1.jpg

Dedicated to Trakman who transferred his infinite excitement about SW Crete to me and made me search and revisit (virtually) the area...

Here is the small boat Sofia arriving from Sfakia to Karave, Gavdos

Gavdos2.jpg

Again dedicated to Trakman , his favorite ship, Selino (right, here in Gavdos), doing the route Sfakia-Gavdos
    Gavdos4.jpg

Selino is the reliable connection of SW Crete.
    Selino.jpg

Sfakia as seen from the arriving Selino By now Trakman must be really happy!
    Sfakia from Selino.jpg

And one more picture of Sfakia as seen from the arriving Selino By now Trakman must be in seventh heaven! Long live my friend Yorgo!
    Sfakia from Selino2.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Sfakia in 1980
    Sfakia 1980.jpg

The ferry-boat Samaria arriving in Sfakia from Samaria
    Samaria arriving in Sfakia.jpg

The ferry-boat Daskaloyannis
    Dakslogianis in Gavdos.jpg

Another nice view of Sfakia
    Sfakia.jpg

Προεπιλογή

I am starting this evening a new thread on a region of Crete that has had an incredible renewal in the last 25 years. Helped by history, traditions and exceptional tourist interest, the region of Palaiochora, Crete has become a vibrant center of activities, especially in the summer. 50 years ago Paliaochora had 1,000 inhabitants, Kandanos (the former capital of the County Selinou) had 1,267. And in 1930 there were only 589 people in Palaiochora. But as the photographs below show, now Palaiochora is an imporant center. Ellinis, I have not been able to find any "major" passenger line doing a route around Crete, have you?

First a wonderful panorama of Palaiochora
    Palaiochora1.jpg

Two more enticing photos of the center of Palaiochora, Crete

All these are dedicated to Trakman who comes from this area..
    Palaiochora3.jpgPalaiochora8.jpg

One more photo of Palaiochora
    Palaiochora5.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 6 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία