Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 20

Θέμα: Πέτρος [Petros, Hungaria, Veneto, Zaton, Ionio]

Προεπιλογή Πέτρος [Petros, Hungaria, Veneto, Zaton, Ionio]

Petros was an 1892 German ship that came to Greece in 1926 and became part of the Potamianos Lines serving mostly the Ionian route.. She was a German ship built in Kiel, Germany, by Howaldts Werke and launched in February 1892 with the name Hungaria. She was a single-screw boat of 54.6 m length and 7.6 m breadth. She had a service speed of 12.5 knots.
    I have given her detailed history in http://www.nautilia.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=56916
    Hungarian4.jpg
    Πηγή

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    The Petros mentioned above was an 1892 ship that came to Greece in 1926. She was a German ship bulit in Kiel, Germany, by Howaldts Werke and launched in February 1892 with the name Hungaria. Here is her picture as she enters Fiume in 1904. Another drawing of the Hungaria in Fiume is shown in http://www.tankonyvtar.hu/main.php?objectID=6063602

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 31630

She belonged to Ungaro-Croata Lloyd and based in Fiume (today's Rijeka in Croatia). Ungaro-croata was a medium size company with 47 vessels in March 1914 and a total tonnage of 22,666 tons (Milan Vego, Austrohungarian Naval Policy 1904-14). Hungaria was a single-screw boat of 54.6 m length and 7.6 m breadth. She had a service speed of 12.5 knots. had The ship was known to the Greek seas at that time as she was calling at Bar weekly and was one of the ships bringing Austrians down to Montenegro during the preparations for the Balkan Wars.

In 1910 she was transferred to Veneziana and named the Veneto. In 1913 she was transferred to the Dalmatian-Italian company Ragusea (out of Dubrovnik) and named Zaton (NB: For those not familiar with teh region, Zaton is a bay just outside of Dubrovnik). In this capacity she served the route of Ragusa (Dubrovnik) to Spalato (today's Split), Zara (today's Zadar), Fiume and Capodistria (today's Koper in Slovenia) as well as numerous small islands in then Kingdom of Servia. In 1916 she was requisitioned by the Montenegrins to carry troops from Bocche di Cattaro (today's Kotor) to Albania.

She was first transferred to Greece in 1926, having been purchased by C.N. Muhas Lines. She was named Ionio. One year later she joined the G. Potamianos Line and was finally named Petros. As such, she concentrated on Ionian travel. She is listed as having been scuttled at Porto Heli on April 25, 1941. Checking carefully the date, I can only guess she was the victim of a German bombardment and I am waiting for Ellinis to verify.
    Σύμφωνα με το βιβλίο του Ντούνη "Τα Ναυάγια στις Ελληνικές θάλασσες, 1900-1950", το πλοίο δέχθηκε επίθεση απο γερμανικά αεροσκάφη και βυθιστηκε ενω ηταν αγκυροβολημενο στο Πορτο Χελι. Ευτυχως δεν υπήρξαν απώλειες.

Και μια λεπτομέρεια που αναφερεται στο βιβλιο. Το πλοίο ονομαστηκε Πέτρος προς τιμή του πατέρα του πλοιοκτήτη. Πέτρος ήταν και το όνομα ενός απο τους 4 γιούς του Γιώργου Ποταμιάνου. Τα άλλα 3 παιδιά λέγονταν Τασος, Κίμων και Φωκίων και δώσανε και αυτά τα ονόματα τους σε άλλα καράβια της Ηπειρωτικής.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Σύμφωνα με το βιβλίο του Ντούνη "Τα Ναυάγια στις Ελληνικές θάλασσες, 1900-1950", το πλοίο δέχθηκε επίθεση απο γερμανικά αεροσκάφη και βυθιστηκε ενω ηταν αγκυροβολημενο στο Πορτο Χελι. Ευτυχως δεν υπήρξαν απώλειες.
    Thanks for this. I need to buy this book! many Greek ships were lost in the early days of the spring of 1941

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Και μια λεπτομέρεια που αναφερεται στο βιβλιο. Το πλοίο ονομαστηκε Πέτρος προς τιμή του πατέρα του πλοιοκτήτη. Πέτρος ήταν και το όνομα ενός απο τους 4 γιούς του Γιώργου Ποταμιάνου. Τα άλλα 3 παιδιά λέγονταν Τασος, Κίμων και Φωκίων και δώσανε και αυτά τα ονόματα τους σε άλλα καράβια της Ηπειρωτικής.
    I had heard this story! So, I note that when Aktoploia tis Ellados was formed on May 29, 1929 (E. Venizelos government), a few other Lines remained independent, including Epirotiki of Potamianos. At that moment the had six passenger ships: Epirus, Tasos, Kimon, Fokion, Petros and ... Elvira. Epirus makes sense and the next four were his sons' names. What about Elvira? Wife or daughter?

Προεπιλογή

I had heard this story! So, I note that when Aktoploia tis Ellados was formed on May 29, 1929 (E. Venizelos government), a few other Lines remained independent, including Epirotiki of Potamianos. At that moment the had six passenger ships: Epirus, Tasos, Kimon, Fokion, Petros and ... Elvira. Epirus makes sense and the next four were his sons' names. What about Elvira? Wife or daughter?
    Well, I have the answer from the Epirotiki Website... http://www.epirotikigroup.com/frames.php?id=1

In 1916, Giorgos Potamianos (1867-1932) moved to the new center of shipping of Piraeus acquiring his first steam powered ship, operating between the Greek islands, and by 1926 the company owned 15 cargo and passenger vessels ranging between 800 to 1500 GRT (several named after his home island: 'Kefallinia'(1902), and children: 'Tassos', 'Elvira', 'Kimon', 'Petros', 'Fokion', 'Popi').
    Elvira was one of his two daughters! The other was Popi!!!

Elvira was built as the yacht Greta ("after the small stream which runs through the Halskill Estate") by Scott & Co of Greenock for the shipyards' owner J. Scott in 1898 (who said the old man Potamianos did not have taste?). The June 1, 1892 Marine Engineer says "The builders will supply triple-expansion engines of 300 HP"... That would make her rather powerful. She was bought by G Potamianos in 1927. She had 372 tons with a length of 50.3 m and width of 6.9 m. She was scuttled on April 23, 1941

Here is a photo of Elvira when she was Greta from the book Two centuries of Shipbuilding by the Scotts at Greenock.

Greta.jpg

Προεπιλογή

I am returning today to the great Petros that we last discussed almost 6 months ago. I have now several interesting, mostly original photographs and postcards that were hidden somewhere in my attique... They are mostly from her days as Hungaria.

Here she is in Fiume (today's Rijeka)

Hungaria.jpg

And here is Hungaria (our own Petros of Potamianos; front), Pannonia (our own Leon of Lakoniki; back left) and Abbazia (back right) in 1906

Pannonia Hungaria Abbazia.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Μια ωραια παρουσιαση της Ηπειρωτικης του Ποταμιανου στις 23 Μαιου 1930 (εφημεριδα Ριζοσπαστης)

19300523 Potamianos.jpg

Προεπιλογή ΠΕΤΡΟΣ ως ΙΟΝΙΟΝ

The Petros mentioned above was an 1892 ship that came to Greece in 1926. She was a German ship bulit in Kiel, Germany, by Howaldts Werke and launched in February 1892 with the name Hungaria.

She was first transferred to Greece in 1926, having been purchased by C.N. Muhas Lines. She was named Ionio. One year later she joined the G. Potamianos Line and was finally named Petros.

Ενα ευρημα... Το πλοιο παρουσιαζεται την μονη χρονια που ονομαζοταν ΙΟΝΙΟΝ... Ανηκε στην Κερκυροηπειρωτικη Ατμοπλοια των Μουχα, Ριγγα και Μαζαρακη και το βλεπουμε εδω σε δημοσιευσεις της 11ης Ιουνιου και 23ης Αυγουστου 1926!

19260611 Ionion.jpg 19260823 Ionion.jpg

Ionion.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Nicholas Peppas : 06-04-2010 στις 02:08

Προεπιλογή

Το πλοιο δεξια ειναι το Hungaria/Πετρος απο παλιο πινακα

Hungaria.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Οι κρουαζιερες Οδυσσεια, για τις οποιες θα γραψουμε ξεχωριστο αρθρο σε λιγο καιρο ηταν εκπαιδευτικες κρουαζιερες του 1926−1930 που εδιναν την ευκαιρια σε νεους και νεες απο τις ΗΠΑ (ιδιως απο την ανατολικη ακτη) να περασουν μερικες εβδομαδες στην Ιταλια, Δαλματικες ακτες, Αλβανια, Ελλαδα και Τουρκια επισκεπτομενοι περισσοτερο τα αρχαια και αξιοθεατα της εποχης εκεινης

Απο την μπροσουρα το καλοκαιριου 1929 παρουσιαζω εδω ωρισμενες φωτογραφιες του πλοιου Πετρος της ακτοπλοιας Ποταμιανου. Νομιζω οτι ειναι η πρωτη φορα που βλεπουμε φωτογραφιες του κλασσικου αυτου επιβατηγου οπως ηταν στις Ελληνικες θαλασσες με τα χρωματα της Ηπειρωτικης...

Οι διαφορες φωτογραφιες και τα τευχη των κρουαζιερων ηλθαν στα χερια μου απο την κυρια Pamela Duff η οποια μου τα εστειλε προ καιρου με την αδεια να τα χρησιμοποιησω. Την ευχαριστω και δημοσιως για την προσφορα της

The Odyssey cruises, about which I plan to prepare a separate article and subject in the near future, were educational cruises of 1926-1930 that gave the opportunity to young men and women from the USA (mostly from the east coast) to spend a few weeks in Italy, Dalmatian coast, Albania, Greece and Turkey, visiting the ancient sites of that time…

From the brochure of the summer of 1929 I present here some photos of the passenger ship Petros of the Potamianos shipping company. I believe this is the first time we see photographs of this classic ship as she was in the Greek seas with the colors of Epirotiki.

The various pictures and brochures were given to me by Dr. Pamela Duff who sent them to me with permission to reproduce them here in nautilia.gr. I thank Dr Duff for her kind gesture.

Petros3a.jpg

Petros3.jpg

Another wonderful photograph of Petros from the same source

Petros4.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 07-09-2014 στις 21:44

Προεπιλογή

And three more photographs from Petros.... The young tourists enjoying the Greek sea

Petros5.jpgPetros6.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία