Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 15

Θέμα: Δελφίν [Ναυσικά Γ. - Batavier I, Nafsika Υ, Dephin]

Προεπιλογή Δελφίν [Ναυσικά Γ. - Batavier I, Nafsika Υ, Dephin]

Delphin/Nausika is one of the most famous Greek passenger ships of the early 20th century. The reason I keep the two names in the title is because this ship was equally known in both incarnations.

Indeed, Delphin, along with Pylaros and Aghios Ioannis were the three most popular passenger ships of the pre-World War I period, “the Moschanthis” of that period….

The ship was built as a paddle ship (!) by Nederlandsche STB in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, in 1872 under the name Batavier. She was first a cargo ship with a few passenger quarters. She had 678 tons, a length of 69 m, a width of 9.1 m and a service speed of 8.2 knots.

Here is her Miramar entry

IDNo: 5619001 Year: 1872
    Name: BATAVIER Launch Date:
    Type: Cargo ship Date of completion:
    Flag: NLD Keel:
    Tons: 678 Link: 2020
    DWT: 0 Yard No: 80
    Length overall: Ship Design:
    LPP: 69.0 Country of build: NLD
    Beam: 9.1 Builder: Nederlandsche STB
    Material of build: I Location of yard: Rotterdam
    Number of screws/Mchy/
    Speed(kn): 1C-
    Owner as Completed: Nederlandsche Stoomboot Mij, Rotterdam
    Subsequent History: 98 BATAVIER I - 06 DELPHIN - 27 NAFSIKA Y. - 30 DELPHIN
    Disposal Data: BU 2q.1934
    Name Tons Change Starke Ref. Main Owner
    BATAVIER 678 1872 V1872 Nederlandsche SS Co
    BATAVIER I 678 1898 V1872 Nederlandsche SS Co
    DELPHIN 678 1906 V1872 J.Cominos
    NAFSIKA Y. 678 1927 V1872 A.G.Yannoulatos
    This is not complete and accurate as it will be discussed below

For almost 35 years Batavier belonged to Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschapij of Rotterdam. This company was founded in 1823 by G.M. Roentgen, J.C. Baud, C. van Vollenhoven and J. Cockerill with the support of the Dutch king Willem I. It started first inland services from Rotterdam to Nijmegen, Cologne and later to Antwerp with paddle wheelers. The paddle wheeler Batavier (1) opened on 12 April 1830 a passenger and cargo service from Rotterdam to London. In 1855 a new Batavier (2) was ready to take up the Rotterdam London service. In 1873 a third Batavier joined the fleet, which give better results for the company.

In 1895 William Müller & Co. took over the company which stayed as an independent company within the William Muller & Co. company until 1920 when the Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschappij was formally liquidated and the ships sailed under the Müller banner.

The following Website has a nice description of her history. http://zeevaart.web-log.nl/zeevaart/...andsche_s.html It gives much more detail than Miramar.

s.s. BATAVIER (3) 1873-1906 vracht- passagiersschip NGQW
    Gebouwd 1872, Nederlandsche Stoomboot Mij. Fijenoord (80)
    731 BRT 502 NRT
    (68,97) x 13,85 x 4,14 x 2,950
    8 kn.
    2 ketels, v.o. 308 m2, 2,06 atm., de werf.
    375 IPK, 2 cyl, de werf.
    24-2-1872 te water gelaten, 15-2-1873 proefvaart en opgeleverd als raderschip BATAVIER aan Nederlandsche Stoomboot Mij., Rotterdam, ingezet op de dienst Rotterdam-Londen voor passagiers en vracht.
    1880 opgelegd.
    1883 verbouwd tot schroefschip, 768 BRT, 68,88 x 9,14 x 4,12, nieuwe ketels geplaatst, 2 2-vuurs Schotse ketels, v.o. 210 m2, 5,2 atm., de werf, nieuwe machine geplaatst, 550 IPK, 2 cyl, de werf, 9 kn.
    1893 nieuwe ketels geplaatst, 2 3-vuurs Schotse ketels, v.o. 320 m2, 5,62 atm., de werf.
    1895 in beheer bij Wm. H. Müller & Co.
    12-10-1896 herdoopt BATAVIER I.
    1906 verkocht aan Navigation A Vapeur Hellenique Jean Cominos, Piraeus-Griekenland en herdoopt DELPHIN.
    1915 verkocht aan Del. Navigation A Vapeur Ioniene G.Y. Freres, Piraeus-Griekenland, zelfde naam.
    1919 verkocht aan Chios Steam Shipping Co. Ltd., Piraeus-Griekenland, zelfde naam.
    1922 verkocht aan Nissiotiki Steam Shipping Co. Ltd., Piraeus-Griekenland, zelfde naam.
    1928 verkocht aan A.G. Yannoulatos, Piraeus-Griekenland, herdoopt NAFSIKA Y.
    1930 verkocht aan Spetsiotiki Steam Navigation Ltd., Piraeus-Griekenland, herdoopt DELPHIN.
    1934 verkocht voor sloop naar Italië, gesloopt te Palermo.
    So, this site gives a more accurate sequence of events, which I have corrected based on the schedules that follow.

Batavier was built as a paddle wheeler. In 1882-83 she was rebuilt into a screw steamer 731 of tons. In 1895 she was transferred to Wm. H. Müller & Co. In 1897 she was renamed Batavier I. After the Netherlands and at the age of 34, Batavier came to Greece as the only ship of Cominos Line and was renamed Delphin. She was sold to Yannoulatos’ Ionian Shipping Co, and then in 1919 to Nisiotiki Steam Shipping Co (not Chios Steam Shipping Co as mentioned above).

In 1927 she became Nausika of the Yannoulatos Line. She went to Spetsiotiki Shipping Line in 1930 and was named again Delphin.

She was withdrawn as too old in 1934 and scrapped in Palermo at 62 years of age.

Προεπιλογή Delphin

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Nicholas Peppas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Delphin/Nausika was built as a paddle wheeler. In 1882-83 she was rebuilt into a screw steamer 731 of tons. In 1895 she was transferred to Wm. H. Müller & Co. In 1897 she was renamed Batavier I. After the Netherlands and at the age of 34, Batavier came to Greece as the only ship of Cominos Line and was renamed Delphin. She was sold to Yannoulatos’ Ionian Shipping Co, and then in 1919 to Nisiotiki Steam Shipping Co. In 1927 she became Nausika of the Yannoulatos Line. She went to Spetsiotiki Shipping Line in 1930 and was named againDelphin.
    Here is an early picture of Delphin

Delphin.jpg

Her schedule under the Cominos (or Komenos) Line was as follows in 1908. It included voyages to:
    --- Itea, Galaxidi, Patras, Ithaca, Leukas and Amvrakikos ports
    --- Itea, Galaxidi, Patras, Kyllene, Zante, Lixouri, Argostoli
    --- Chalkis, Volos (in the summer also Aedipsos) in only 18 hours!!!

Kominos.jpg

Finally, here is a collage of announcements of her routes in the early 1920s as a Nisiotiki ship.They include (from left to right and up to down): April 24 and August 11, 1920; March 18, March 24, April 28, and August 12, 1921; May 18, July 29, August 9 and October 25, 1922. These include the following coastal routes (I would say subsidized routes):
    --- Monemvasia, Neapolis, Aghia Pelagia, Kapsalion, Gytheion, Gerolimen, Limenion Areopoleos, Oitylon, Kardamyli, Kalamai
    --- Syros, Tenos, Mykonos
    --- Monemvasia, Neapolis, Aghia Pelagia, Kapsalion, Gytheion, Porto Kayio, Mezapos, Limenion Areopoleos, Oitylon, Kardamyli, Kalamai

Delfin.jpg

Προεπιλογή Delhin and Nausika

On January 27, 1923, Delphin has added another long (but mostly coastal) voyage... to Chios, Mytilene, Alexandroupolis, Kaballa, Thessaloniki, Chalkis, Piraeus.

19230127 Delfin.jpg

Let us examine also some schedules of the ship when she became Nausika of Yannoulatos in 1927.
    --- August 25, 1927: Piraeus, Chalkis, Aedipsos, Volos, Thessaloniki, Dafni (Aghiou Orous), Kavala, Alexandroupolis, Myrina, Mithymna, Mytilene, Chios, Piraeus
    --- September 15, 1927: Piraeus, Patras, Sami, Pylaros, Fiskardon, Leukas, Amvrakikos gulf
    --- October 20, 1927: Piraeus, Chania, Rethymnon, Herakleion, Aghios Nikolaos, Paheia Ammos, Siteia
    --- November 16, 1927: the same

Yannoul.jpg

And finally, as Delphin she goes back to the Peloponissos route on May 24, 1930

19300524 all.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Her schedule under the Cominos (or Komenos) Line was as follows in 1908. It included voyages to:
    --- Itea, Galaxidi, Patras, Ithaca, Leukas and Amvrakikos ports
    --- Itea, Galaxidi, Patras, Kyllene, Zante, Lixouri, Argostoli
    --- Chalkis, Volos (in the summer also Aedipsos) in only 18 hours!!!

Kominos.jpg
    Kαι η καταχώρηση για τα παραπάνω δρομολόγια, πριν από 101 χρόνια!

16-3-08 delphin.jpg
    από το ψηφιοποιημένο αρχείο της Ε.Β.Ε.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

16-3-08 delphin.jpg
    Ωραιες εκπληξεις μας εχεις ετοιμασει σημερα. Μπραβο!!!!

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

16-3-08 delphin.jpg
    As Ellinis said (and as I had mentioned before, in 1908 Delphin was with Komenos. But I have found another ad that indicates that by 1911 she had been purchased by the Ionian Shipping Co of Yannoulatos. Here is a very impressive ad from November 15, 1911 where the Delphin is advertised as going from Thessaloniki directly (sic) to Preveza, Sagiada, Aghious Saranta and Aulona!!!

19111115 Delfin.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Delphin/Nausika is one of the most famous *****passenger ships of the early 20th century. The reason I keep the two names in the title is because this ship was equally known in both incarnations.

Indeed, Delphin, along with Pylaros and Aghios Ioannis were the three most popular passenger ships of the pre-World War I period, “the Moschanthis” of that period….

The ship was built as a paddle ship (!) by Nederlandsche STB in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, in 1872 under the name Batavier.
    For almost 35 years Batavier belonged to Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschapij of Rotterdam.

Batavier was built as a paddle wheeler. In 1882-83 she was rebuilt into a screw steamer 731 of tons.

Διαφημισις του πλοιου Batavier το 1887 στου Bradshaw. Εκανε την γραμμη Λονδινου−Ροττερνταμ Ολλανδιας

Batavier 1887.jpgBradshaw 1887.jpg

Προεπιλογή

I have found another ad that indicates that by 1911 she had been purchased by the Ionian Shipping Co of Yannoulatos. Here is a very impressive ad from November 15, 1911 where the Delphin is advertised as going from Thessaloniki directly (sic) to Preveza, Sagiada, Aghious Saranta and Aulona!!!

19111115 Delfin.jpg
    Και το 1913 (12 Σεπτεμβριου) πηγαινε στην Θεσσαλονικη, Καβαλα και Μυτιληνη!!!

19130912 Yannoulatos.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Επεξηγησις για την ιστορια του πλοιου Δελφιν.

Προσθετω τωρα περισσοτερα στοιχεια για το πλοιο αυτο. Οπως αναφεραμε παλαιοτερα αγορασθηκε απο τον Κομινο το 1906 αλλα περασε στην Ιονικη Ατμοπλοια του Γιαννουλατου το 1913 οπου εμεινε μεχρι το 1919. Τοτε πουληθηκε στην Ατμοπλοια Χιου και το 1921 στην Νησιωτικη Ατμοπλοια. Επανυλθε στην Ατμοπλοια Γιαννουλατου το 1928

Batavier
    1873 built by Nederlandsche Stoomboot Mij., Rotterdam (80) | Paddle Wheeler, 1882-83 rebuilt into a screw steamer 731gt, 1895 transferred to Wm. H. Müller & Co. 1897 renamed Batavier I, 1906 sold to Navigation A Vapeur Hellenique Jean Comonos, Piraeus, Greece renamed Delphin,1913 sold to Del. Navigation A Vapeur Ioniene G.Y. Freres, Piraeus not renamed, 1919 sold to Chios Steam Shipping Co. Ltd., Piraeus, 1921 sold Nissiotiki Steam Shipping Co. Ltd., Piraeus, 1928 sold to A.G. Yannoulatos, Piraeus renamed Nafsika Y, 1930 sold to Spetsiotiki Steam Navigation Ltd., Piraeus renamed Delphin, 1934 scrapped. 731

Πηγη: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/lines/batavier.htm

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Ψάχνοντας για κάτι άλλο, έπεσα πάνω σε ένα μικρό ατύχημα που είχε το ΔΕΛΦΙΝ στην Ήπειρο.

Η προσάραξη στις 12/1/07
    delfin 12-1-07.jpg

και η ανέλκυση την επομένη
    13-1-07 delfin.jpg

Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία