Σελίδα 3 από 5 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 12345 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 21 έως 30 από 42

Θέμα: Fantasia [Duke of York]

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Fantasia

Nicholas, this lovely postcard is the same one I uploaded on the thread 'History of Piraeus port' where I asked if anyone could identify the two ships on the extreme left and right of the picture. I have my suspicions it could be Kalymnos on the left and what looks like the Lemnos on the right, but am sure one of you will venture a more accurate answer.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful postcard which I actually obtained on ebay very recently!

Henry.

Προεπιλογή

Nicholas and Henry, I don't think that the ship on the right is the Lemnos of Typaldos for the following reasons: a) there were no life boats near the stern of Lemnos, b) Lemnos did not have kingposts on the rear deck, c) the funnel of the ship is white and not the Typaldos buff-yellowish, d) Lemnos had an folding embarkation ramp on both sides near the stern which is missing in the picture above, e) the stern of the pictured vessel has a different shape from the outward bulging stern of Lemnos, g) the last opening of the open embarkation promenade was shorter than the rest on Lemnos, while the pictured ship shows all openings of equal length, h) the unknown vessel has porthole windows in pairs, while Lemnos does not.
    As for the Kalymnos as I point out in the "History of Piraeus port" thread, my personal opinion is that it is a match.

Here is a picture of Lemnos taken from the corresponding thread for the "spot the differences" game:
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 14-12-2010 στις 13:51

Προεπιλογή

Looking again at the vessel behind Fantasia I spot a big difference on the bridge area compared to Kalymnos. Kalymnos had a wood covered bridge fascia with closed wings while the pictured vessel here has open bridge wings and no wood on the fascia:

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 14-12-2010 στις 13:27

Προεπιλογή

Dear friends, I think I solved the mystery of the ship on the right. It must be the second Opatija (1959) of Jadrolinija or her sister Orebic. I apologize for the size of the picture but that is all I could find. Opatija, along with her sistership Orebic were connecting Trieste with Piraeus via Bari and Brindisi.

source fleetfilerotterdam
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 14-12-2010 στις 14:26

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Nicholas, this lovely postcard is the same one I uploaded on the thread 'History of Piraeus port' where I asked if anyone could identify the two ships on the extreme left and right of the picture. I have my suspicions it could be Kalymnos on the left and what looks like the Lemnos on the right, but am sure one of you will venture a more accurate answer.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful postcard which I actually obtained on ebay very recently!

Henry.
    Thanks for the correction Henry. Mine come from a Greek "customer" of http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikosv/with/4760491315/ (Nikos Vatikopoulos I think) who has a cornucopia of old photos... from Greeece. His, remind me of how I was brought up in Athens'Holargos in the 1950s

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Dear friends, I think I solved the mystery of the ship on the right. It must be the second Opatija (1959) of Jadrolinija. I apologize for the size of the picture but that is all I could find. Opatija, along with her sistership Orebic were connecting Trieste with Piraeus via Bari and Brindisi.

Here is a bigger one from the unsual source... http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Jadrolinija/opatija-02_b.jpg

Opatija.jpg

Προεπιλογή

And here she is:

You were too fast Nicholas because as I was correcting my entry including the name of the sistership Orebic, you quoted me, so there are two vesions of my answer.
    source simplon.co.uk
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 14-12-2010 στις 14:32

Περιοχή
    Dubrovnik Croatia

Προεπιλογή

Dear friends, I think I solved the mystery of the ship on the right. It must be the second Opatija (1959) of Jadrolinija or her sister Orebic. I apologize for the size of the picture but that is all I could find. Opatija, along with her sistership Orebic were connecting Trieste with Piraeus via Bari and Brindisi.

Better image of OPATIJA in the port of Sibenik, Croatia.

All the best from Dubrovnik,

Neven

Περιοχή
    Dubrovnik Croatia

Προεπιλογή

An image of sistership OREBIC in the port of Ploce, Croatia
    Orebic.jpg

All the best,
    Neven

Προεπιλογή

Dear Neven welcome to our forum. We need a friend from Croatia to help solving the mysteries of many beautiful ex Jugoslavian ships which appear too often.

Προεπιλογή

Dear Neven welcome to our forum. We need a friend from Croatia to solve the mysteries of beautiful ex Jugoslavian ships which appear too often.
    I agree with QAA. Also we need you to provide clarifying info about pre-war ships from Dalmatia! Welcome aboard

Σελίδα 3 από 5 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 12345 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας