Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 18

Θέμα: Fiorita [Amsterdam]

Περιοχή
    Madeira Island - Portugal

Smile Fiorita [Amsterdam]

Dear friends

Enjoy SS FIORITA postcards when she sailed with Chandris colors.

FIORITA.jpg
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Fiorita served only for a few years for Chandris. She was laid up in 1979 and never cruised again.
    In 1980 she was scheduled to sail as the ARIANE II but this never materialized.

She ended up as a hotel ship at Fethiye (Makri) in Turkey where she capsized during a storm.

Here we have posted a photo of the wreck's remains.

Περιοχή
    Madeira Island - Portugal

Προεπιλογή

Dear Ellinis

Thank you for this great info about the " little flower".

I love ships like this. Specially the second postcard you can she how " cosy" this ship was.

Brgds

Dimas
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Fiorita

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Fiorita served only for a few years for Chandris. She was laid up in 1979 and never cruised again.
    In 1980 she was scheduled to sail as the ARIANE II but this never materialized.

She ended up as a hotel ship at Fethiye (Makri) in Turkey where she capsized during a storm.

Here we have posted a photo of the wreck's remains.
    Aris, here are some brochure pages of Fiorita which again give a good idea of life on board. She was described by many who sailed on her as small, crowded, not much
    open deck space and she rode the sea very badly.......she was also decorated in the flower power themes of the 70's but they also say they would never have changed
    those cruises for anything in the world !! have you seen those prices including flights from London, incredible!

Anyway the Two in One Cruise was an interesting combination of two 7 day cruises during August 1977.
    First a Greek island cruise on Fiorita from Venice and then a one way positioning from Venice to Southampton on Ellinis, calling at Gibraltar no less!
    I would have loved that voyage on these two extreme classics!

Henry.

scan0402.jpgscan0403.jpg

scan0404.jpgscan0405.jpg

scan0406.jpg

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    have you seen those prices including flights from London, incredible!
    Τhis is the definition of a cheap cruise! :shock:

Interestingly, I saw at the maps that she called at Chios, which was not usual at tha time. I suppose that Chandris wanted to boost tourism in their place of origin.

Chios was recently re-established as a cruise destination by Azamara Cruises.

Προεπιλογή

Henry

Thank you for the wonderful brochures of Fiorita, a ship that I have not known until now... You must have quite an archive of brochures... Your recent discoveries make me think that it is time for me to go to my attic and search my pre-1976 collection of brochures.. Who knows what I will find there...

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Τα σχέδια του ΦΙΟΡΙΤΑ, από το αρχείο του Κωνσταντίνου Φιλίππου.

fiorita.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Το Fiorita στην Βαλέττα της Μάλτας το 1971 όταν οι κρουαζιέρες του Χανδρή στην Μεσόγειο ήταν στο φόρτε τους, μάλλον η πιο άσχημη κατά τη γνώμη μου μετασκευή του Χανδρή, φωτογραφία του T. Diedrich. Θυμάμαι, την εποχή εκείνη επί χούντας, επρόκειτο να γίνει μία κρουαζιέρα στα ελληνικά νησιά για γυμνιστές με το πλοίο ναυλωμένο από γραφείο του εξωτερικού, και είχε γίνει σάλος τότε από τις εφημερίδες και την εκκλησία που αντιδρούσαν. Δεν θυμάμαι μετά τι απέγινε.

Πηγή shipspotter.es
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 22-09-2010 στις 11:00

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Δεν έχεις και άδικο, ήταν το πιο "χτισμένο" από τα πλοία της εποχής. Βέβαια εαν το συγκρίνουμε με τα σημερινά "κουτιά" και πάλι κουκλί ήταν!

Για την κρουαζιέρα αυτή δεν είχα διαβάσει κάτι, αλλά εκείνη την εποχή γινόντουσαν αρκετές θεματικές κρουαζιέρες. π.χ. κρουαζιέρα με καλλιστεία σκύλων κλπ κλπ.

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Δεν έχεις και άδικο, ήταν το πιο "χτισμένο" από τα πλοία της εποχής. Βέβαια εαν το συγκρίνουμε με τα σημερινά "κουτιά" και πάλι κουκλί ήταν!

Για την κρουαζιέρα αυτή δεν είχα διαβάσει κάτι, αλλά εκείνη την εποχή γινόντουσαν αρκετές θεματικές κρουαζιέρες. π.χ. κρουαζιέρα με καλλιστεία σκύλων κλπ κλπ.
    Θα πρέπει να υπάρχει το θέμα στα αρχεία των εφημερίδων του 1971. Να project για τον Νικόλα που ξετρυπώνει αρχεία της εποχής.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 22-09-2010 στις 12:13

Σελίδα 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας