Σελίδα 1 από 7 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 64

Θέμα: Carina (II) [Carina II, Helene, Princess Helene]

Περιοχή
    Madeira Island - Portugal

Smile Carina (II) [Carina II, Helene, Princess Helene]

Dear friends

Enjoy SS CARINA postcard when she sailed with Chandris colors.

CARINA.jpg

P.S. - I miss on my Chandris postcards collection, the postcards only of two ships, the SS RADIOSA and the SS CARINA II.

Can somebody help me regarding these two postcards in case you may have spares? Please...
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Carina

Dimas, I am missing this one from my collection Carina (ex Princess Hellene). I tried to get one from ebay like the one you have above but I was outbid.

Anyway when you say Carina II do you mean the Fiesta, as she was also named Carina when she first entered service, otherwise its the same ship?
    So don't understand which is the one you are missing.

Unfortunately I don't have any postcard of Radiosa.

Best regards, Henry.

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

i have ask by rogerio

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ship's Agent Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    P.S. - I miss on my Chandris postcards collection, the postcards only of two ships, the SS RADIOSA and the SS CARINA II.

Can somebody help me regarding these two postcards in case you may have spares? Please...
    The CARINA in this postcard is actually the 2nd, that is the one that was named CARINA II.
    She was originally Canadian Pacific's PRINCESS HELENE.
    When bought by Chandris her name was reduced to HELENE and spend a couple of years in lay up.
    Then she was refitted as the CARINA II for ferry service to Brindisi.

The original CARINA (1) was refitted in 1965 for cruising and renamed FIESTA. CARINA (1) also served in 1963/64 in the Brindisi run, so as she was just a ferry I don't know if they issued any postcards.

Προεπιλογή

Yes Aris, as far as I remember in 1964 there were postcards of Carina (Fiesta) as a ferry. I remember in September 1964 it was my first trip abroad from Piraeus to Brindisi with the family. It was a beautiful ship, but in the previous trip it encountered heavy seas and some of the windows of the forward looking pulman seat lounge were missing and so did some of the pulman seats.

Περιοχή

Προεπιλογή

Dear Friends

Thank you all for this great explantions.

Well, then I miss CARINA postcard ( Fiesta ) and the CARINA II also ....

If somebody finds a spare...here I am.

Henry,I will get you one of tehse if I ever find a spare, it's a promise!
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Dimas, you have a postcard of CARINA II, it is the one you posted on top of the page. The name CARINA II was simplified to CARINA after a couple of years with Chandris.
    Confusing, but it seems that Chandris wanted to keep the named "CARINA" for its Brindisi ferry run. When the original CARINA (ex-Monas Queen) became the FIESTA, there was no need for a "II" prefix, so it was dropped.

Περιοχή

Προεπιλογή

Good friend Ellinis

So, to be simple, the postcard that I seach it's this one:-

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/ChandrisCarinaII.html

hope this is now clear...

Brgds

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Carina

Dimas, no the one you illustrate from Simplon is the same vessel you have at the top of the thread (except the second postcard is a very poor artists painting).

The one you are searching for is the Fiesta which was called Carina initially when she was used as a ferry for a short time before being converted to a full time cruise ship. You can find a picture of her as Fiesta in the same Chandris page at Simplon

Best regards
    Henry.

Περιοχή
    Ραφήνα

Προεπιλογή "Helene"

In the page

http://www.greecetravel.com/photos/s...nds2/index.htm

they have been uploaded excellent photos of Greece in the sixties, taken by Nicholas Econopouly.

Among these photos there are three photos of a passenger ship of Chandris with the name "Helene" in the port of Tinos.
    It must be the same ferry.

If somebody has not seen them it's here

http://www.greecetravel.com/photos/s...3_jpg_view.htm

http://www.greecetravel.com/photos/s...b_jpg_view.htm

http://www.greecetravel.com/photos/s...b_jpg_view.htm

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][B]"Η μόνη περιουσία είναι η μνήμη"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]Εν πλω
    toujours
    [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I][B]"[/B][/I][B]Γεώργιος Εξπρές"[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Σελίδα 1 από 7 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία