Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 40

Θέμα: Fiesta [Carina (1), Mona's Queen]

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή Fiesta [Carina (1), Mona's Queen]

Άλλη μια καρτ ποστάλ με πλοίο του Χανδρή στη Βενετία, αυτή τη φορά του ΦΙΕΣΤΑ.

Ο Χανδρής το έφερε το 1962 με το προσωρινό όνομα BARROW QUEEN, αλλά στη μετασκευή του -σε φέρι με γκαράζ για 60 ΙΧ- στο Πέραμα μετανομάστηκε CARISSIMA και όταν αυτή ολοκληρώθηκε πήρε το όνομα CARINA.
    Με αυτό μπήκε ο Χανδρής στη γραμμή της Πειραιά - Πρίντεζι, σε συνεργασία με την ΕΛΜΕΣ και την Adriatica.

Το 1964 το καραβάκι έκανε και κάποιες κρουαζιέρες από τη Νίκαια ως την Τύνιδα με την πρωτοτυπία οτι οι επιβάτες μπορούσαν να φέρουν μαζί και τα ΙΧ τους με τα οποία σουλατσάραν στα διάφορα λιμάνια.
    To 1965 τελικά μετασκευάστηκε για μόνιμη χρήση ως κρουαζιερόπλοιο.

Here is a post card of Chandri’s FIESTA – once more in Venice!

She was built in 1946 at Cammell Laird & Co at Birkenhead as the Isle of Man ferry MONA’S QUEEN . When Chandris bought her in 1962, she was renamed BARROW QUEEN. Once under refit as a car ferry at Perama, she was renamed CARISSIMA and once ready to sail she was renamed CARINA.

She entered the Piraeus-Brindisi run in 1963 working in co-operation with Hellenic Mediterranean Line’s EGNATIA and Adriatica's APPIA.
    In 1964 during spring and fall she was used in a series of unusual cruises from Nice down to Tunis, in which the passengers were allowed to bring their cars along and drive them off at each port!
    In 1965 she was transformed into a cruise ship and renamed FIESTA.

Image1.jpg
    πηγή: www.photoship.co.uk

Προεπιλογή

Ας το δούμε και εδώ πως ήταν πριν την μετασκευή του 1962. Πηγή photoship.co.uk
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη TSS QUEEN ANNA MARIA : 15-10-2009 στις 09:08

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Fiesta

I found this great brochure of Fiesta as originally named Carina for her cruise/ferry service during 1964. Her name was later changed to Fiesta when she was refitted to become a full time cruise ship for Chandris. She was a popular and successful vessel with spacious public rooms, large swimming pool for her size and open decks

Another good looking converted British ferry which Chandris so expertly used in a successful cruising role. I personally spoke to someone who cruised on her many years ago and she confirmed that Fiesta was a very happy ship !

Best regards, Henry.

scan0373.jpgscan0374.jpg

scan0375.jpgscan0376.jpg

scan0377.jpg

Περιοχή
    Halandri-Egrigoros

Προεπιλογή

Many thanks Henry

It seems that your Chandris memoarabila list is endless. After the brochures (and postcards) on the large ships of Chandris, today its time for the smaller ships in their fleet.

Please keep posting those fine pieces of maritime history.

Regards

George

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Τhanks Henry, from the pictures it seems that the ship was not crumped like other conversions, she looks charming and spacious.

Προεπιλογή

Here is a Greek ad of Fiesta from April 6, 1967. It advertises a nice crisue from Piraeus to Itea (for a visit to Delphi), Dubrovnik, Venice, Katakolon (for a visit to Olympia) and return to Piraeus

19670406 Romanica Fiesta.jpg

Περιοχή
    Madeira Island - Portugal

Προεπιλογή Official CARINA I postcard

Dear friends

Enjoy my latest acqusition, the official Chandris B & W postcard of CARINA I :

carina.jpg

Enjoy!

P.S.- It's Henry's broschure image turned B & W into postcard!

Ship's Agent / Dimas
    Dear friends, if you are a ships postacrds collector and may be interested in exchanging ships postcards with me,please email to: [email protected]

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Carina I

Dimas, Great to have you back with us! Where did you obtain this gem of a postcard?

All the best
    Henry

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Good to have you back Dimas!

Here is a set of plans of CARINA, as preserved by the naval architect Konstantinos Philippou.

carina-monasqueen.jpg

carina-monasqueen2.jpg

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή

Thanks for reminding us of these beautiful pioneer ships. I was especially fond of the Fiesta which I thought was a lovely conversion and she had some really innovative features for her size!

The expansive sun deck aft with the open stairwell leading down to the large swimming pool. Her spacious public rooms and overall a rather smart profile with a unique bridge compared to her original shape as a British ferry.

Here is a photo which I acquired recently from Peter Stafford of the Fiesta berthed at Piraeus.

Henry

scan0560.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Ellinis : 09-11-2014 στις 22:04

Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία