Σελίδα 11 από 88 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 9101112132161 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 101 έως 110 από 874

Θέμα: Εξπρές Λήμνος [Express Limnos,Express Athina,Panagia Tinou 2,MobyLove,Prins Philippe]

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

Yes, a sistership of the "Prince Laurent"
    The "Prins Philippe" was the first of a new generation of multi-purpose vessels on the Ostend-Dover Line. Launched on 17 feb 1973. 1.240 pass and 243 cars & 13 fright ; Sistership "Prince Laurent" launched 6 feb 1974 only 189 cars but 24 fright. Later a third was built in 1975 "Prinses Maria-Esmeralda" 1.200 pass 300 cars & 37 lorries follow by 5 more bigger ships.
    The start of the new-generation of ships was the reason to sold all other ships to Creece. Pr J Charlotte / Artevelde /K Fabiola / Koningin Elisabeth (Cyprus as "Abha" then "Najd II" broken up in Greece 1984) / R Baudouin and Pss Astrid in the period 1974-1983....

Περιοχή
    Pireaus

Προεπιλογή

Wait, Arne, Prinses Maria-Esmeralda, Princesse Marie-Christine and my favourite Prins Albert, were not actually sister-ships of Philippe and Laurent! They were different, at least outside, and got very ugly in the 1980s conversion! I am sure you have travelled on all. Which was, in your opinion better?

The favourite ships of RTM for me, were the era of Car Ferry (1948), till Konningin Fabiola (1962). Of course, my best, is Roi Leopold III (1955)!!! Roi Baudouin, Prinses Paola and Pricesse Astrid, were beautiful, but I am more into classic lines!
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]FINNPARTNER (1966) OY Wartsila AB, Helsinki #380[/SIZE][/FONT]

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

Yes, the PME was not a sister.
    First the Pss Astid and the Pss Paola was the best to work on. Even more i like the verry old one's from the 60's only passengers ships (verry fast 25 knp)
    I must say that the Prince Laurent have verry nice transferd in Greece. Especcialy the bow !!
    The Prins Philippe and sister were verry ucly at first her in Belgium.
    Rgrds,
    Arne

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

I started to work in 1967 i did travell on all.
    The "Roi Leopld III" was not so good in bad weather in Osten the ship have a nick name : "Rock and Roll"

Περιοχή
    Pireaus

Προεπιλογή

Were they plain inside, just for the crossing, or they were lets say, luxury? Ooops.. I happen to like the wrong ships then.... Bad things for Roi Leopold III!! Which one could go 25? Roi Baudouin???????
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]FINNPARTNER (1966) OY Wartsila AB, Helsinki #380[/SIZE][/FONT]

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

The old "Prins Albert" built 1937 did 25.5 knp (i was on board on here in 1968)
    The Prinses Paola did 24 knp. And all the others did 22 knp exept the R Baudoui and Pss Astrid 21 knp.

Περιοχή
    Pireaus

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από arne Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    The old "Prins Albert"...
    You mean "Lucky Albert"??

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

Yes, The old "Prins <Lucky> Albert" I was on the ship in 1968 as a 16 years old help-steward in the restaurant.
    I did the last trip from the ship at the end of the season, from Folkestone to Ostend with Cdt Christiaens Norbert. We did it in 2h55 min normal the crossing from Dover to Ostend was 3h20min
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

The 1 st class restaurant on the "Prins Albert"
    all the Ostend ships were verry nice inside. Even the last one "Prins Filip" 1991; but now as "Norman spirit" it is a disaster.
    Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες

Περιοχή
    Ostend - Belgium

Προεπιλογή

At the thread her in the forum on "Princesse Josephine Charlotte" "Koningen Fabiola" and others, you will find some photo's i have put there of some inside views.

Σελίδα 11 από 88 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 9101112132161 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας