Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων σε εξέλιξη 1 έως 10 από 40

Θέμα: Isthmia & Cynthia [Britannia & Suecia]

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Isthmia & Cynthia [Britannia & Suecia]

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Σαν να έχεις δίκιο... σε άσπρη παραλλαγή!
    Aris, have posted this here as it did'nt seem right to include it in the Efthymiadis thread.

This is only a selection of the pages in the brochure, specifically on Cynthia and Isthmia.
    I really love these classic liners with their unique cruiser sterns and apparently they were very luxuriously appointed inside.
    Just look at the prices for a 14 day cruise package!!

The Apollonia was also a very popular ship with British travellers and she was the first vessel used by Cosmos for these voyages.
    Let me know if you want me to scan other pages from the other vessels (Apollonia, Achilleus, Queen Frederica and Roma).

Henry.
    scan0075.jpgscan0076.jpg

scan0077.jpg

scan0078.jpg

scan0079.jpg

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Henry Casciaro Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    This is only a selection of the pages in the brochure, specifically on Cynthia and Isthmia. I really love these classic liners with their unique cruiser sterns and apparently they were very luxuriously appointed inside.
    Just look at the prices for a 14 day cruise package!!
    This is exceptional. Thanks for sharing!

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Thank you once again Henry, this is really fascinating. I would really love to see the rest of the brochure!

I suppose that Cosmos was marketing the usual service as a cruise, maybe this is why it was so cheap.

The Marseilles-Italy-Greece-Cyprus-Alexandria-Beirut run was done by HML for decades. The ships that were employed in this run were known as "Mediterranean ships" (Mesogeiaka). Unfortunately, the evolution of airplane made this passenger service unprofitable.
    Competition included Adriatica, Zim and others.

Isthmia and Suecia were regarded by many as the most beautiful ships owned by HML. Personally, I can only agree.
    Following is a painting of Isthmia by George Velentzas. It appeared in the book "Lefkoma Nautilias" of P.Spyropoulos.

isthmia2.JPG

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή Isthmia postcard

Aris,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful painting.

Am attaching this postcard of Isthmia which you may have seen already, but goes to show how elegant the interiors of these vessels were!

I wish they would still build cruise ships like this.........
    Henry
    scan0080.jpg

Περιοχή
    cologne

Προεπιλογή

thats real design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not this plastic deco today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Περιοχή
    Gibraltar

Προεπιλογή HML Cynthia and Isthmia Cosmos brochure 1968/69

Παράθεση Αρχική Δημοσίευση από Ellinis Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Thank you once again Henry, this is really fascinating. I would really love to see the rest of the brochure!

I suppose that Cosmos was marketing the usual service as a cruise, maybe this is why it was so cheap.

The Marseilles-Italy-Greece-Cyprus-Alexandria-Beirut run was done by HML for decades. The ships that were employed in this run were known as "Mediterranean ships" (Mesogeiaka). Unfortunately, the evolution of airplane made this passenger service unprofitable.
    Competition included Adriatica, Zim and others.

Isthmia and Suecia were regarded by many as the most beautiful ships owned by HML. Personally, I can only agree.
    Following is a painting of Isthmia by George Velentzas. It appeared in the book "Lefkoma Nautilias" of P.Spyropoulos.

isthmia2.JPG
    Aris,

Just a few more from the 1968/69 Cosmos brochure.......Enjoy.
    Henry
    scan0081.jpg

scan0082.jpg

scan0083.jpg

scan0084.jpg

scan0085.jpg

Προεπιλογή

On the deck plan note the number of sharing WC and Showers. Really only a few cabins must have had private facilities. I remember the two beauties at Piraeus as a youth.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

The interior of those hansome ladies was very well appointed. I especially liked the bar, with the fireplace and the wood panneling it resembled the ocean liners of that time.

Here is an aerial shot of one of two sisters. Is there a way to identify which of the two she is?

isthm-cynt1.jpg
    Source: OLP (Piraeus port authority) periodical edition

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα

Προεπιλογή

Isthmia and Cynthia were laid up around 1970 near Piraeus. Their withdrawal marked the end of the fabulous Marseilles-Greece-Near East service that was run by HML since the 1930's.
    A shot of one of the two sisters laid up has been uploaded here.

Περιοχή
    Athens , Tinos

Προεπιλογή

Φωτογραφια του Suecia στο Λονδινο εχει ανεβει στο Shipsnostalgia ΕΔΩ .

Σελίδα 1 από 4 123 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε απαντήσεις
  • Δεν μπορείτε να αναρτήσετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τις αναρτήσεις σας
  •  
  • BB code είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
  • [VIDEO] code is σε λειτουργία
  • Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας